Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Play off tickets now available.. are the club jumping the gun?

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Club say they're inviting season ticket holders to apply for play off seats. A bit hasty if you ask me seeing we're not even in the play-offs yet. Why hasn't the club waited?

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Does this mean then, non season ticket holders are non-go'ers??

:nono:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Yes, I agree with Mr C, we will all be on here moaning like ***** if its not organised properly.

Our ticket office actually does this sort of thing well IMHO.

Jason Speaks

Feb 4, 2004
Portslade
The home tie is well organised because they are only accepting application from season ticket holders so they know there won't be excess applicants.

They away leg though does seem a complete lottery because they are accepting applications from anyone in the AMS. Therefore they are potentially going to have 12,000 applications to be drawn by ballot as there will be no way to filter them once they have been received.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Having read what it says on the official website it reads as though they want to receive the applications in advance so they can start processing them at the earliest available opportunity - ie. as soon as the dates and opposition are confirmed, much better than inviting applications afterwards, and they did say they only wanted applications from people who knew they could make any date.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Yeah I agree, all they're doing is getting themselves organised and RoyalAli says we've REALLY got to screw it up to miss out now.

If they start trying to sell T-Shirts emblazoned with "2004 Division 2 Play-off Winners" then we can accuse them of jumping the gun.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
I'm just a bit worried that this could be our "Please keep off the pitch so that Sam and the lads can do a lap of honour"

???

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The prices seem to have gone up for the home leg, too. :angry:

Or have they been £22 for south stand centre all season?

Overall, I think it's a good idea to get applications in early, but when we have no idea which one of 5 days the games might be played on, it's a bit of a nonsense at the moment.

I can't apply yet, a one of the days is my son's birthday party and I might have my legs cut off if I take him to a game instead!

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Jason Speaks said:

They away leg though does seem a complete lottery because they are accepting applications from anyone in the AMS. Therefore they are potentially going to have 12,000 applications to be drawn by ballot as there will be no way to filter them once they have been received.

They are being processed in order of receipt.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Curious Orange said:
Having read what it says on the official website it reads as though they want to receive the applications in advance so they can start processing them at the earliest available opportunity - ie. as soon as the dates and opposition are confirmed, much better than inviting applications afterwards, and they did say they only wanted applications from people who knew they could make any date.

And, of course, they can get the money out of our accounts and into their's as quickly as possible for lots of lovely interest.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Don't forget guys that you need to give them your SEASON TICKET Number when you apply for play-off tickets (which is different from your seat number).

The only record you may have of this may well be handed over with your last home ticket ie Notts County a week Saturday.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
A positive move by the club - I was expecting total chaos if we got to the play-offs.

At the home leg, do you get given your usual ST seat or do you end up anywhere?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here