Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Play Off Final and the AMS

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Simster said:
Anyway I think we'll sell out our allocation of 36,000 or so.

No way. 18,000 is my prediction.

Last edited:

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
Southend definitely had 20k there. Blackpool backed this up by saying in the papers that there 13,000 excited fans celebrated their 2-0 win. So yes, your correct, the crowd was about 34,000

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
This is all if & buts though, isn't it?

But technically, it's not an away game. It's a neutral game. Neither team is playing at home, so how can one team be playing away?

Now shoot that argument down (you probably will though)

*slinks off to bury head in sand emu-style in anticipation*

Basler

Feb 5, 2004
Basel
If we do make Cardiff, then I for one will be making every effort to come over for the game. I am not a season ticket holder or AMS member ... I live in Swizerland ... but sincerely hope that there will be some mechanism that would allow me to get a ticket for what would be the biggest game for many years.

Some good points raised in this thread. Sure, we may not get to the final, but the club MUST start making contingency plans for a FAIR alocation of tickets. After some high profile cock ups in recent years, they must get this one right. Not just by dancing to the tune of the offical supporters club! Season ticket holders and AMS should obviously get first grabs. Any plan to force potential spectators to Cardiff to join the AMS is a recipe for disaster and a lot of ill feeling imo.

Zeitgeist said:
After some high profile cock ups in recent years, they must get this one right. Not just by dancing to the tune of the official supporters club!
Just for the record, the official Supporters' Club were NOT happy about the system for allocating tickets for last season's Grimsby game.

bellsize seagull said:
very difficult subject as many massive albion fans want to go to certain games cannot always get there...the play off semis will be difficult situation especially if at Bournemouth where we only normally get 1,700 tickets. I think it will be season ticket holders with first dibs, but could also do three away ticket stubs as proof.
I've been to quite a few away games this season but have no ticket stubs as proof. The only way to prove it is for the club to check their records and see that I applied for tickets.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Theres roughly 10K season tickets holders and AMS members so for the final set a limit of 2 tickets per AMS/STH and then put the rest on general sale. I think we'd take about 25,000.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit said:
does anyone have a clue at how much a playoff final ticket would cost? roughly
Tickets for this season's LDV Vans Trophy final were:-

£38
£30
£20
£14

with concessionary tickets available at half price in all areas.

Blackpool imposed no limit on the number of tickets they would sell to any individual.

Adult tickets for the Rugby League Challenge Cup Final are going at £40, £30, £25 and £15.

Last edited:

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
The away leg of the Play offs will be extremely infuriating. I said this last year at Grimsby that the club should establish a policy that you would have first day buying for tickets if you had attended more than half a dozen away games. The obvious question is how would they know? There should be a statement on the Charter that for away games, tickets purchased through the club shop that season will be logged against your AMS number and will count towards allocation when demand outstrips supply. If you decide to pay on the day then that wont count in such instances. I know that if the club did this I would make the effort to buy in advance and that the people attending any away game such as the play off 2nd leg would deserve their allocation, rather than someone who hasn't seen a game all season but got lucky in a draw.

Instead we will get some lottery style allocation with comments such as 'We didn't feel it was right to punish those fans who couldn't make every away game and wanted to make it open for all' Rubbish! It dosen't make these people less of a fan but it does make them further down the queue. I have full sympathy for anyone who also had the misfortune to watch Lincoln away and then not get a ticket for the away leg of any play off.

As for Cardiff, I'm sure anyone that wants one will get one whether they are Season ticket holders, AMS or people dragged off the street. Its worth remembering that the last time we got to a play off final we, if memory serves, sold our intial allocation of 27,000 and had to ask for more. If we get there, they will come.

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
My ticket for Stoke against Brentford cost £25 for a seat in the bottom tier. It wasn't a great view as I was under the overhang of the tier above. I ended up watching most of the game on the TV screens that are attached to the overhang of the 2nd tier rather than paying attention to what was going on on the pitch. As far as I recall Stoke put the tickets on sale to season ticket holders and supporters club member first, then the next day put them on general sale. I think they sold out their entire allocation within 3 days.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Lord Bracknell said:
Just for the record, the official Supporters' Club were NOT happy about the system for allocating tickets for last season's Grimsby game.

Because they had to chance their arm and apply with us plebs?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
For the record just because you live in Brighton and go to every home and away game does NOT make you more of a fan than someone like me that loves the club put only goes to a handful of games a season because we live a long way away. How much of a fan you are is not defined by how much of your own money you put into the club. I appreciate that noone has explicitly said that on this thread but it is partly implied in the wishes for ticket distribution.

Thus I feel that I am as equal in my desire to see the team play as are you guys that see 50 games a season and therefore we should all be treated equally regardless. Inevitably I take the point that there are many people who only care about 'big' games, or worse, partners or friends who just fancy a nice day out at a big stadium for a big occasion. So all-in-all the club has probably got it about right. Anyway, in my experience if you want a ticket you can get a ticket, I've never failed to get one for any game I've been able to get to, home or away.

I won't be at any potential play-off semi or final this year so I won't be taking YOUR ticket! My albion supporting career consists of lincoln-away, exeter-home, macclesfield-away, millwall-home, scunthorpe-away ad infinitum with no big games whatsoever :( (unless you count Orient away and losing 5-0 at Palace :angry: as big games)

As you know, Bozza, the real problem at Grimsby was the stupidity of the Humberside Police.

There were whole sections of the ground that were empty. And the local paper was giving away free tickets up to and including the morning of the game.

:angry: :angry:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Lord Bracknell said:
As you know, Bozza, the real problem at Grimsby was the stupidity of the Humberside Police.

There were whole sections of the ground that were empty. And the local paper was giving away free tickets up to and including the morning of the game.

:angry: :angry:

My real problem was the fact that I had to get my wife to stop the car about 5 times from our hotel to the ground - a journey of 2 miles or so - in order that I could throw up. Must have been something I ate the night before. Probably.

The really disappointing thing is that the Albion have not made a (visible) effort to put a procedure in place that removes, or at least reduces, the current 'lottery'.

Basler

Feb 5, 2004
Basel
Kalimantan Gull said:
For the record just because you live in Brighton and go to every home and away game does NOT make you more of a fan than someone like me that loves the club put only goes to a handful of games a season because we live a long way away. How much of a fan you are is not defined by how much of your own money you put into the club.

Well put :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here