Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Play-off Final 2nd June 1991 - our pics

ds4000

Sep 4, 2010
Classic England shellsuit - I think I had the same one. That game was one of my first Albion memories, since I was 10 at the time. Funny to see how much fashion has changed in that time, when I've never really noticed the progression during the last 20 years.

I could of written the exact same post!

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
attachment.php

This photo is f***ing ace!

If anyone is looking for fancy dress ideas for Notts County you've found it!!

Let all do the Rocker, Lets all do the Rocker LA LA LA LA!!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
To be honest, i thought that apart from the play off semis, Brighton didn't play particularly well all of that season. I can remember walking away from quite a few home game thinking "how on earth did they win that one".

After going upto Middlesbrough with I think just a few games to go and getting hammered I did not expect us to even get to through or into the play offs !! I was more annoyed that after the pure bitch slapping we gave Millwall we just failed to even turn up against Notts Co, I do recall sevral older chaps behind me get up after the third goal went in and say "right lets go and find some county fans and give em what for". Great pictures by the way Mr Rocker I recognize you from away games back then.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
oh dear 1977

Me pictured now, Sis in the goldstone dressing room, me away somewhere, the lawrenson, ward, williams, fozzie perm gone wrong - cannot believe I travelled around away games looking like - twas the height of fashion you know !! haha plus sis en route to an away

Attachments

• img020.jpg
    img020.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 106
  • Picture 12.jpg
    Picture 12.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 107
  • img043.jpg
    img043.jpg
    557.2 KB · Views: 106
  • img094.jpg
    img094.jpg
    224.9 KB · Views: 107
  • img079.jpg
    img079.jpg
    472.2 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:

Feb 2, 2007
Japan
That day at Wembley for me personally was the most disappointing experience of my Albion supporting career. If I remember correctly Johnny Byrne was carrying an injury and although we didn't play that well we just didn't have the rub of the green either. Didn't Clive Walker and Dean Wilkins both hit the woodwork? Tommy Johnson was a handful but I seem to remember one of their goals being very soft too.

That was an entertaining season, Bryan Wade's four goals against Newcastle, the Ipswich, Millwall and both Liverpool games, plus a thrilling 3-2 win away at Wolves are still fresh in the mind after all these years. I also remember a 3-3 draw at home to Swindon being the windiest game I have ever experienced.

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
Classic England shellsuit - I think I had the same one. That game was one of my first Albion memories, since I was 10 at the time. Funny to see how much fashion has changed in that time, when I've never really noticed the progression during the last 20 years.

Another here who could have written this post. This game was my first ever Albion game and I was about 10 at the time and I had that England shellsuit, which I wore all the time. Classic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here