Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Play Off dates Wrong?

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
It states that if we finish third the ties will reverse with the away leg on the Friday but the text before does not mention the team that finishes third playing on that Friday. That is reserved for four and five.

Surely it doesn't mean that all the ties change or does it? Am I being thick?

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
Sixth versus third is on the Thursday and the return fixture is on the bank holiday. As we cannot play on the Bank Holiday - I assume it is a transport thing - we will play the fixtures the opposite way round.

All very academoic as we are ten points behind West Ham with seven to play.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Sixth versus third is on the Thursday and the return fixture is on the bank holiday. As we cannot play on the Bank Holiday - I assume it is a transport thing - we will play the fixtures the opposite way round.

Rather than a transport probelm isn't it a seaside club not allowed to play at home on a bank holiday monday, problem, would Blackpool not have the same restrictions ???

Again it won't happen because they won't get 3rd

D

Deleted member 18477

Being away 2ng leg is worse. I'd rather not finish 3rd, not that we've really got a chance anyway.

Edit: understood that wrong.

The Football League have confirmed that the Championship play-off semi-final games will take place during the first and second weeks of May.

First legs: the team which finishes sixth will host the team that finishes third on Thursday 3rd May* (7.45pm) and the fifth-placed finishing side will host the team that finishes fourth on Friday 4th May (7.45pm).

Second legs: the return legs will take place the following week; third will host sixth on Monday 7th May (4.30pm) and fourth will host fifth on either Tuesday 8th May or Wednesday 9th May** (7.45pm).

The Championship Play-Off Final will take place at Wembley on Saturday 19th May - kick-off 3pm.

* Please note, if Albion finish in third place, both ties will reverse: Albion's HOME leg will take place on Tuesday 8th or Wednesday 9th with the AWAY leg on Friday 4th May.

** The exact date for this fixture will be confirmed by the Football League following the FA Cup semi-finals, which are scheduled to take place on Saturday 14th April and Sunday 15th April.

Meanwhile, the club can confirm that the fixtures for the 2012/13 season will be announced at 9am on Monday 18th June via seagulls.co.uk.

Last edited by a moderator:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here