Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Play off dates confirmed

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
* Please note, if Albion finish third in the Championship the first and second legs will be reversed: Albion's home leg would take place on Tuesday 8th or Wednesday 9th May and the away leg will take place on Bank Holiday Monday (7th May).

am i being thick or does this make no sense?

I cant see why thats done myself, looking online there isnt any work on the railway going on which could affect it being on the Monday.

Article has been removed from the club website now as well, so perhaps theres been a mistake ?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The 4th would be a disater for us and would be the first match we've missed this season. Hoping for 3rd or 6th, or 2nd of course.

OS Now updated

Brighton and Hove Albion | News | Latest News | Latest News | Championship Play-Off Dates Confirmed

By Will Jago

The Football League have confirmed that the Championship play-off semi-final games will take place during the first and second weeks of May.

First legs: the team which finishes sixth will host the team that finishes third on Thursday 3rd May* (7.45pm) and the fifth-placed finishing side will host the team that finishes fourth on Friday 4th May (7.45pm).

Second legs: the return legs will take place the following week; third will host sixth on Monday 7th May (4.30pm) and fourth will host fifth on either Tuesday 8th May or Wednesday 9th May** (7.45pm).

The Championship Play-Off Final will take place at Wembley on Saturday 19th May - kick-off 3pm.

* Please note, if Albion finish in third place, both ties will reverse: Albion's HOME leg will take place on Tuesday 8th or Wednesday 9th with the AWAY leg on Friday 4th May.

** The exact date for this fixture will be confirmed by the Football League following the FA Cup semi-finals, which are scheduled to take place on Saturday 14th April and Sunday 15th April.

Meanwhile, the club can confirm that the fixtures for the 2012/13 season will be announced at 9am on Monday 18th June via seagulls.co.uk.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
So basically all the other clubs are dictated to by us, should we, by some miracle, finish third.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
So because we can't play on bank holiday Monday's at the Amex we could lose our home advantage in the 2nd leg , then have to play at home 1st on the previous fri or thurs .

Pintos

Jul 28, 2005
Oxted
Bored, so I checked which teams had announced playoff dates on their official websites (as far as I could see) - results below.

Southampton - No
Reading - No
West Ham - No
Brighton - Yes
Middlesbrough - Yes
Birmingham - Yes
Blackpool - No
Cardiff - No
Hull - No
Leeds - No

Is this a reflection of each team's confidence? mind games? or maybe just which websites have efficient administrators...

I don't think Middlesbrough need bother putting anything in the diary, the thrashing we dish up on Saturday will break them.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I cant see why thats done myself, looking online there isnt any work on the railway going on which could affect it being on the Monday.

Article has been removed from the club website now as well, so perhaps theres been a mistake ?

i think it is more to do with not having park and ride facilites on BH.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
i think it is more to do with not having park and ride facilites on BH.

What P&R isnt available then ? Looking on the Racecourse website, they have a meeting on May 3rd - so if we were to finish 6th, we would have West Ham/Reading (probably one of those) on Thursday 3rd, so wouldnt that P&R not be available ? Are they able to run a P&R alongside a race meeting ?

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
What P&R isnt available then ? Looking on the Racecourse website, they have a meeting on May 3rd - so if we were to finish 6th, we would have West Ham/Reading (probably one of those) on Thursday 3rd, so wouldnt that P&R not be available ? Are they able to run a P&R alongside a race meeting ?

to be honest, Im not sure, i was told it was more to do with the number of buses available on a BH bearing in mind the additional tourists that visit Brighton on BH. Might be a load of twaddle

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Are we not allowed to be at home on the Bank Holiday Monday because of Leeds rioting in Bournemouth or is there some other reason?

There used to be some Football League ruling that said seaside clubs weren't allowed to play at home on a bank holiday, this stopped sometime in the Withdean years IIRC.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Club tweet confirms as follows:

@OfficialBHAFC: Champ Play-off SF dates: 1st Leg - 6thv3rd 3 May (7.45); 5thv4th 4 May (7.45) & 2nd Leg - 3rdv6th 7 May (4.30) 4thv5th 8 May (7.45) #BHAFC

I own a timeshare and will be in sunny Spain. Back for the final fingers crossed.

Frank Inkerman

Veteran of the Crimea
So because we can't play on bank holiday Monday's at the Amex we could lose our home advantage in the 2nd leg , then have to play at home 1st on the previous fri or thurs .

Er .... No! read it again,
* Please note, if Albion finish in third place, both ties will reverse: Albion's HOME leg will take place on Tuesday 8th or Wednesday 9th with the AWAY leg on Friday 4th May.

It's the 'Ties' that reverse not our home advantage.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Er .... No! read it again,

It's the 'Ties' that reverse not our home advantage.

Let's not worry too much about this - there is absolutely zero chance of us finishing third. I'd be ecstatic with 6th!

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
Why oh why are not any of these games on a Saturday? So silly surely far more would go to these games especially away supporters.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here