Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Play C64 games on the web

vulture said:
need help as I am as thick as 2 short planks on PC.
I have windows xp and have been trying to downland Football director (have also installed all the other bits)Can any tell me what I am doing wrong or give me a step by step idiot proof guide on what I need to install etc etc.
Cheers

If you have an emulator installed, all well and good. If not, get Winvice here :-

http://www.viceteam.org/

(Get the Windows 32bit version)

Once your emulator is installed, get the game here :-

http://www.c64.com/

Just search for CONTAINS director

You will have downloaded a .d64 file (Football_Director.d64) which is a disk image. Emulators also cope with .t64 files which are tape images.

Once you have the file, run the emulator. In WinVice, the option you need is File-Autostart Disk/tape image

Point the resulting box at the .d64 file you just downloaded and you should be away.

If you use an emulator other the Vice, you may need to do things differently. Some don't autostart so you need to attach the disk image and then, in the C64 screen, type :-

LOAD "*",8,1

Which was the way you used to have to do it on a real C64. (8 being the disk drive number and 1 meaning open for read just to show how really said I am - Shift-Runstop works for tape games)

If you aren't confident in using a C64, get WinVice and you autostart - it works for nearly every game. And get other games from www.c64.com as well - they have thousands (Including Football Director 2!)

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
Rangdo said:
I've been looking for an emulator version of stunt car racer for ages. I'll give it a go later. Does anyone know where to get the superior Amiga version?

The Atari ST version was better.

Rangdo said:
I've been looking for an emulator version of stunt car racer for ages. I'll give it a go later. Does anyone know where to get the superior Amiga version?

http://www.popup.amiga-island.de/html/stunt_car_racer.html

Menus might be in German though!

Do you have WinUAE? If not, you will need it as it is THE Amiga Emulator. You will need to source a kickstart rom if you do use it - give me a shout if you need one.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Where is Ivor "Ironman" Stuart's Super Off Road?

Now that was a GAME.

Or how about Total Recall? Marvellous stuff.

TGC, you wouldn't happen to know where I could find a Kickstart ROM do you? I've been desperately seeking one for years now, just so I can play Parasol Stars!

E

enigma

im struggling on wonderboy. keep dying as i miss the jumps. any ideas?

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
MYOB said:
The lower cased one is 3.1 - you'll need to set UAE to one of the newer processors and it'll work

A lot of older games won't work on a 3.1 Kickstart. Use 1.3 or 2.0 for the greatest compatability, and 3.1 if you're trying to run a very late Amiga game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here