Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Plastic's parade.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I agree, I know plenty of Chelsea fans who couldn't get tickets for Munich or couldn't afford the travel (flight prices shot up within minutes of Torres' goal in Barcelona).

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
How bitter is this thread? Will you all be 'plastic' Brighton fans if we ever get the money pumped into Brighton and reach those heights? Get over yourselves.

If people actually bother to go to games, when they can, then they are not plastic. It wouldn't be any different if we gain fans through success. I don't really like most of the armchair supporters who have no connection to a club or area and simply choose their team based on success. That is plastic.

Pumba04

Jan 27, 2011
Burgess Hill
Breaking News: Chelsea fans have signed a one-year extension to remain at the club after being strongly linked to Man City.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
If people actually bother to go to games, when they can, then they are not plastic. It wouldn't be any different if we gain fans through success. I don't really like most of the armchair supporters who have no connection to a club or area and simply choose their team based on success. That is plastic.

We'll have to agree to disagree. I walk around London in my Brighton jacket, I hold a season ticket. I have also supported Chelsea for over 40 years although Brighton always come first to me. I get to see Chelsea very rarely even though I am 20 mins from the Bridge. I prefer to come to Brighton and waste one hour and 30 mins of my life every other Saturday travelling there. I also go to away games. It still means a hell of a lot to me to see them win games. Am I a plastic Chelsea supporter? I seriously don't believe I am.

D

Deleted member 18477

I'm a Chelsea and Man City fan, we won all the competitions this year. f*** yeaaaaaaahhh.

f*** yea! Next year I'm going to support whoever is top of the prem for the whole season! I wanna be a winner too!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
All this plastic bollocks brighton fans are so " right on" by bringing up every time a top division side wins a cup.

I seem to recall shit loads of " plastic" brighton fans at wembley for the play off final and the millennium stadium.....oh yes, I have supported brighton all my life but I only go to the big games! Heard that many a times.

So what if they follow a team from afar...how does it affect your life? Do you lie awake on a night fretting?

It's pathetic really.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
f*** yea! Next year I'm going to support whoever is top of the prem for the whole season! I wanna be a winner too!

:lol: Giving ordinary folk in Sussex the chance of happiness, by trying to attach to the glory of an expensively assembled squad of mercenaries = Reflected Glory.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
All this plastic bollocks brighton fans are so " right on" by bringing up every time a top division side wins a cup.

I seem to recall shit loads of " plastic" brighton fans at wembley for the play off final and the millennium stadium.....oh yes, I have supported brighton all my life but I only go to the big games! Heard that many a times.

So what if they follow a team from afar...how does it affect your life? Do you lie awake on a night fretting?

It's pathetic really.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
We'll have to agree to disagree. I walk around London in my Brighton jacket, I hold a season ticket. I have also supported Chelsea for over 40 years although Brighton always come first to me. I get to see Chelsea very rarely even though I am 20 mins from the Bridge. I prefer to come to Brighton and waste one hour and 30 mins of my life every other Saturday travelling there. I also go to away games. It still means a hell of a lot to me to see them win games. Am I a plastic Chelsea supporter? I seriously don't believe I am.

I don't disagree with you. No I don't believe you are. You are certainly not the kind of fan I'd label plastic. You go along to matches, doesn't matter how often in my book. You clearly have a connection with both clubs and personally I have no problem with that. We all know plastics or glory hunters and as someone said even Brighton have them for the big games. I just find it annoying when they all crawl out of the woodwork.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Saw a fat 60 year old Chelsea fan wearing his shiny Samsung Chelsea top, down Hove tip earlier.

Wanted to show the world his plastic allegiance, but just looked a tit.

I hope he was directed to the skip marked 'Plastic' by the efficient staff at Hove tip. He wasn't there dumping all his old replica Man Utd and Liverpool shirts by any chance?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here