Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Plastic's parade.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I...I'm puzzled, why does it bother anyone? Who cares what the plastics get up to, they're never likely to be ruining the match experience at a game for anyone (it would involve, you know, actually going) so what harm can they really cause?

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Can't stand Terry and don't really care about Chelsea, but I know a couple of proper Chelsea fans (one is actually from West London!), who've been going to games home and away for over 30 years - even when Chelsea were shite (remember Kerry Dixon), so I'm pleased for them.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Chelsea are the greatest team in the world. I should know because in the past five years I have supported man city,man united and arsenal. I also will never forget the moment when Stevie G lifted the world cup for my beloved Liverpool in Islamabad.

Marvellous scenes

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I...I'm puzzled, why does it bother anyone? Who cares what the plastics get up to, they're never likely to be ruining the match experience at a game for anyone (it would involve, you know, actually going) so what harm can they really cause?

I find ths plastics irritating because knowing I like football, they want to discuss the glory 'their' team has achieved with me. All the while I can't quite concentrate a they speak because nagging away at the back of my mind I'm thinking 'but you've never even bothered to get on a train, drive your car whatever and go and actually watch them' and 'I've seen 'your team' many more times than you ever will just by watching the Albion.' Plastics? I'd sooner be a palace fan.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I turned over as soon as the deciding penalty was scored...did this really happen? Does Terry's ego know no bounds? I hope he's a benchwarmer at Euro 2012 but unfortnately I'm guessing this won't happen :(

Possibly fixtures, but...

AtVb2qgCAAALUjc.jpg:large

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Anyone criticising Terry for joining in the celebrations has obviously never played a team sport for a season.

By all means criticising him for being a twat, but not for celebrating with his teammates last night.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Anyone criticising Terry for joining in the celebrations has obviously never played a team sport for a season.

By all means criticising him for being a twat, but not for celebrating with his teammates last night.

Sorry, but that wound me right up. He let them all down through his own selfishness and stupidity, and they managed to get by without him, and drag their team to the final. Then they heroically hold out for 120 minutes against a superior team, while he sits in the stand wearing a suit, hoping they save the day and allow him to come down and steal the limelight. The worst bit for me was that he actually changed into a kit. It wouldn't have been so bad if he'd stayed how he was, but to see him cavorting around in full Chelsea kit, like a bloody mascot, made it look as though he was trying to claim the glory for himself. When he did more than anyone to ruin their chances.

(I'm ignoring the fact that they've actually played better without him than with him this season).

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Sorry, but that wound me right up. He let them all down through his own selfishness and stupidity, and they managed to get by without him, and drag their team to the final. Then they heroically hold out for 120 minutes against a superior team, while he sits in the stand wearing a suit, hoping they save the day and allow him to come down and steal the limelight. The worst bit for me was that he actually changed into a kit. It wouldn't have been so bad if he'd stayed how he was, but to see him cavorting around in full Chelsea kit, like a bloody mascot, made it look as though he was trying to claim the glory for himself. When he did more than anyone to ruin their chances.

(I'm ignoring the fact that they've actually played better without him than with him this season).

Have to completely disagree with you there. Football is a squad game. The Champions League is basically a season. He played in 11 out of Chelsea's 13 games or something like that. He is a Champions League winner. I appreciate he let them down in the semi-final, but over the course of a season many players do the same to their team. His punishment was not taking the field last night.

I play Aussie Rules - a couple of years ago we won our championship. I played the entire season but due to family reasons couldn't play in the final. Did I go out with the lads and celebrate with the trophy? Course I did. Is my medal still out in my living room? Course it is. Cos I was part of the squad that won.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
How bitter is this thread? Will you all be 'plastic' Brighton fans if we ever get the money pumped into Brighton and reach those heights? Get over yourselves.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I was a Bayern Munich fan for most of this evening.

Then Chelsea won, and now I'm supporting them :)

How can you support anything German? Their Keeper even looks like your typical Hitler Youth! Their faces at the end were a joy to behold!

The sad thing was that when Chelsea started to play for a few minutes at the start of the second half they actually looked like deserved winners, then went back to negative football - you could see where Gus Poyet gets his ideas from - maybe we could win something better than the League One title some time soon?

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
How can you support anything German? Their Keeper even looks like your typical Hitler Youth! Their faces at the end were a joy to behold!

The sad thing was that when Chelsea started to play for a few minutes at the start of the second half they actually looked like deserved winners, then went back to negative football - you could see where Gus Poyet gets his ideas from - maybe we could win something better than the League One title some time soon?

Because I really cannot stand Chelsea. Tbph, I was a neutral throughout the match, but it sounds like Chelsea deserved their win. Good for them - I guess it's been a long time coming.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
How bitter is this thread? Will you all be 'plastic' Brighton fans if we ever get the money pumped into Brighton and reach those heights? Get over yourselves.

Personally I don't mind Chelsea winning at all, though I can't say I'd have lost any sleep if they'd lost. I just can't stand Terry, essentially :thumbsup:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Personally I don't mind Chelsea winning at all, though I can't say I'd have lost any sleep if they'd lost. I just can't stand Terry, essentially :thumbsup:

Well I'm going to the victory parade because it's about 20 mins from home and I've never seen the European Cup in person before.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Well I'm going to the victory parade because it's about 20 mins from home and I've never seen the European Cup in person before.

And I hope you enjoy it.

JOHNNYCRUMPLIN

Sep 27, 2011
I'm NOT a Chelsea fan by any stretch but It is a touch naive to call a fan a plastic if he did not attend a game some distance away.Chelsea had a application of 17'000 tickets for that game ,they average 40,000 (i guess per game ).I would imagine they have more than 17'000 season ticket holders let alone all the other fans who would like to attend.Let alone the crazy cost of air fair and ticket. Taking that into Brighton's present situation estimating 23'000 season ticket holders that would leave at the very minimal 6'000 plastic fans wearing their shirts in Brighton.The premier league and success isn't always what it seems.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Oh and may I add, I have no problem with Southerners supporting London teams, after all London is in the South, and I choose to support a southern team in Brighton though I live in London. Does that make me plastic when I wear my Brighton jacket around Camden? I think not. I have a problem with Southerners 'supporting' northern sides. They couldn't even pinpoint Manchester on a map.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I could not help notice all the Chelsea players almost fighting to be centre of attention when the trophy was being presented, the ego's went into overload

Oh for the good old days when arsenal one stuff and players broke bones being tossed in the air by their colleuges.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here