Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Plane crashes into houses at Biggin Hill.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Loads of coverage in today's papers, of course. One thing puzzles me.

Take a quote from the Sun:

A WITNESS told last night how he looked into the despairing eyes of the pilot before his plane ploughed into a house.

People on the ground also saw the faces of terrified passengers at the stricken executive jet’s windows as it screamed low overhead.

Dad-of-four Jason Murrell, 39, said: “I saw it coming straight at us. I looked into the eyes of the pilot and a female passenger.

“I thought it was going to hit our house and kill us — looking up I could see the terror in the passengers’ eyes as they whizzed past.

“The plane was so close you could see the panic on their faces.

“The pilot was struggling to bank away from our house and a terrified woman was staring straight at me. I’ll never forget that sight.”

The five who died were two crew and three passengers, on a motor racing trip to Pau in south-west France in the Cessna Citation 501.

Hero pilot Mike Roberts, 63, was killed along with former Formula One driver David Leslie, 54, and Richard Lloyd, 63.

So according to the eye witness there was DEFINITELY one female passenger at least and there were FIVE people on board...named are
pilot Mike Roberts
driver David Leslie
team owner Richard Lloyd
co-pilot Mike Chapman (named in the Argus)

On the BBC website:
Ex-touring car racer David Leslie, team owner Richard Lloyd and pilot Mike Roberts were among those who died during the business flight from nearby Biggin Hill airfield to France.

Passenger Christopher Allarton, 25, and co-pilot Michael Chapman, 57 are also thought to have perished, although formal identification of all five on board will not happen for some time.

So, is it just me that there is a fairly big discrepancy from just those two stories?????

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here