Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Plan your away days" the club tells us...

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
After a few days of good news, the club has clearly decided it's time to shift back to tin-pot mode. Not being a season ticket holder, how do I go about planning for away days when my chances of getting a ticket seem to range in between negligible and impossible?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
sky will kybosh a lot of planning I suspect

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
Cardiff, Leicester, Derby and Middlesborough are the only games this year that it's worth getting advance tickets for, the rest can be done cheaply with groupsaves.

Notts Forrest? Same line as leicester isn't it?

When Southern had their special offer a few weeks ago - a 90 per cent discount on advance train tickets bought on-line - I had this BRILLIANT idea that:-

1) Saturday 13 August was bound to be an away game;
2) Cheap train tickets to London would save me a fortune on at least a bit of the journey.
A little rash, perhaps; after all, there was a two in 23 chance that the fixture would be in Hampshire, on top of the fact that any other match could have been switched for television. Still, think of it as just another bet that didn't pay off; a 'win some, lose some' attitude here could ease the pain!

A little rash, perhaps; after all, there was a two in 23 chance that the fixture would be in Hampshire, on top of the fact that any other match could have been switched for television. Still, think of it as just another bet that didn't pay off; a 'win some, lose some' attitude here could ease the pain!
A switch of the Pompey v Albion game to Sunday might make the railway tickets usable, of course. I could go and watch Barnet v Port Vale on the Saturday. Or Spurs v Everton.

A switch of the Pompey v Albion game to Sunday might make the railway tickets usable, of course. I could go and watch Barnet v Port Vale on the Saturday. Or Spurs v Everton.
Or possibly even go to see your beloved Newport (if I'm not mixing you up with someone else that is!)

Ah yes, the evening game, you may be right, although I can't find a record of our attendance for that game, they gave us the whole side for the 0-5 game, didn't for that one.
If only it had ended 0-5 instead of 5-0!
I went down for that game, but can't remember applying for a ticket in advance. Was it actually pay-on-the-gate?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here