Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Places you have visited that have turned out exactly as you expected (or otherwise)

Nov 9, 2011
Never had a problem living in Frankfurt.......Prague on the other hand....have experienced at first hand, the Ukrainian and Chechen mafia's...(who hate each other incidentally)

Could have just been the area I was in (Red Light District). Went into a little takeaway gaff to get a pizza, was a little outfit of evil looking Turks who would not take their eyes off us. Walking down the street back to hotel was apprehended three times by blokes asking if we wanted to buy crack, after refusing the last one he called us 'bitches.' Apparently they have pretty much run the Hells Angels out of the RLD so they must be quite handy.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Its a Turkish area, so they will be about... Found Frankfurt pretty boring to be honest...good reggae at the O25 in Ostpark but apart from that, extremely dull at the weekends as its a banking city and everybody disappeared to their own countries...Sachsenhausen was ok...but just about ok..

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Surfers Paradise. Techically the name was correct in that it was a paradise for surfers. Never expected the town to be such a built-up dump though. Think Croydon with a beach...

This is my issue with Australia. What kind of country has a city called Surfer's Paradise? Shit shit shit. No culture, no history, nothing.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
This is my issue with Australia. What kind of country has a city called Surfer's Paradise? Shit shit shit. No culture, no history, nothing.

Im reminded of the Aussie support before Reginald D Hunter, he said the Aussies are very obvious with their naming e.g the Brits did Queensland, New South Wales and Victoria. They let the Aussies name the restn so came up with West Australia, South Australia and Northern Territories : right off to the pub.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Yes, I have a particular dislike for them.

I quite like them. Especially the the one who stayed in the hostel I was in in hong kong a few years back. She was gorgeous and used to walk around naked. After aweek of that with 20 other men in the hostel, the palce looked like a yoghurt factory.

pigbite

Sep 9, 2007
Went to a kiddies theme park on the edge of Brighton once. Went expecting playstations, ball pits, endless child orientated entertainment, no drinking. Was really shocked when it turned out to be a football stadium.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Surfers Paradise. Techically the name was correct in that it was a paradise for surfers. Never expected the town to be such a built-up dump though. Think Croydon with a beach...

Cold, with persistent grey drizzle when I was there. Reminded me of Old South Wales, but with fewer sheep.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Luton - expected concrete hellhole, wasn't disappointed (was a lot more violent there than I expected though). Still had to live there for a year though :nono:

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Crewe. It has a trains station, pubs, take away outlets and a football stadium.

Old school.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Yes, I have a particular dislike for them.

They often seem to vanish out there, one girl got chucked down an old mine in the Ouback when I was out there. I wasn't anywhere near it, but met a girl who had been staying in the same hostel beforehand. She said the girl just walked out and disappeared.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Hong Kong- Spent the whole time in absolute awe of the hideous amount of skyscrapers. Also, I felt like a giant at 5"11 because everyone else was so small, and often had people commenting on how tall I was, which was nice.
Barnsley- Looks like the setting of a "gritty drama" set in the 80's
Rotherham- Just really really horrible
Hull- Same as above. Last time I went there was February and some guy dressed up as The Mask (as in the Jim Carrey film) came up to the car and said in the most common Northern accent possible "d'yer know if t'Citeh won?" Quite surreal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here