Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Place you grew up...place you live now...place you'd like to end up..

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Bored so just thought i'd start this thread for fun, to see how many move people move away from where they grew up for whatever reason.

I grew up: in hollingdean
I now live: in nottinghamshire after uni up here
I'd like to end up: living in the scottish highlands when I retire (in about 30-40yrs)

How about yourselves?

Really? What part of hollingdean?

I grew up in Hollingdean,
Live in Kemp Town now
Dunno where i want to end up.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Derbyshire is a cracking county. I love bakewell, the peaks, edale, castleton hartington etc. however derby sucks.

Yeah, it's okay down here, but I miss Derbyshire alot. It's funny that when you're growing up in a world heritage site, next to the Derbyshire Dales and to the Peak District and think it's sh*t!!

Kids - Travelling the world is great, but don't forget there's loads on your doorstep too!

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
Yeah, it's okay down here, but I miss Derbyshire alot. It's funny that when you're growing up in a world heritage site, next to the Derbyshire Dales and to the Peak District and think it's sh*t!!

Kids - Travelling the world is great, but don't forget there's loads on your doorstep too!

Do you want to swap? Seriously though there is no better city for me than brighton. As much as like notts, derbyshire etc brighton is number 1.

Yes it's amazing how at 21 I went to oz nz for a yr having never travelled my own country. I appreciate the uk alot more now.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Stanmer villas, I lived next door to the one and only stuart tuck. What about you?

tavistock down, in the crestway. I like to think out of all us lot who lived in that street, only a few of us turned out not to be chavvy, or natsy, or druggies, or on benefits. :p

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Grew up: Patcham, Brighton

Now: Sheffield (Uni)

Future: Not sure, who knows, at the moment there's no way i'd like to move abroad permanently, just doesn't appeal to me. Loving it up here, top city, but Brighton will always be home. Needs to be somewhere I can get a fairly regular football (BHA) fix though, thats for sure.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
tavistock down, in the crestway. I like to think out of all us lot who lived in that street, only a few of us turned out not to be chavvy, or natsy, or druggies, or on benefits. :p

That place used to be rough when I was growing up. Think it's got a bit better these days. Did you used to hang around the dip?

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
Grew up: Patcham, Brighton

Now: Sheffield (Uni)

Future: Not sure, who knows, at the moment there's no way i'd like to move abroad permanently, just doesn't appeal to me. Loving it up here, top city, but Brighton will always be home. Needs to be somewhere I can get a fairly regular football (BHA) fix though, thats for sure.

Living in this region has it's advantages for away days.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Do you want to swap? Seriously though there is no better city for me than brighton. As much as like notts, derbyshire etc brighton is number 1.

Yes it's amazing how at 21 I went to oz nz for a yr having never travelled my own country. I appreciate the uk alot more now.

Ha, that would great!! Firstly, you'd have to come live in the sticks of Shoreham... It's not so much the towns and cities for me though, it's the countryside, Derbyshire is a bit nice.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
That place used to be rough when I was growing up. Think it's got a bit better these days. Did you used to hang around the dip?

nah, we used to just play in tavi. there was green where we could play footie, and some old lady saying we couldnt lay there cos she owned it

might i press you for an anecdote as to how it was rough lol

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
nah, we used to just play in tavi. there was green where we could play footie, and some old lady saying we couldnt lay there cos she owned it

might i press you for an anecdote as to how it was rough lol

I dunno perhaps most of hollingdean was rough. There were a few ruffians on stanmer villas also. When the kids used to come down to the dip from tavi they were kinda rough looking/acting etc.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Grew Up -Croydon (Thornton Heath)

Now live - East Grinstead

End up in a quiet Village Somewhere in the South.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Any way kemptown is great. Nice to see you escaped davey drive area.

everything around tavi was rough. most of them opposite the crestway convenience store. Unfortunately they forced us to move. Because it was nice living there one or two from tavi were a bit nuts that used to hang around with us, but generally we all got along, made our own fun...we were little shits sometimes too lol.

Back to the point, the family who lived opposite the shop started to torment us. The daughter and her thug friends started getting lippy with my dad, and offensive. So he slapped her.

At some point I can assume she told her dad that my dad raped her, and 'the boys', as it were, came down and beat up my dad.

Then came some twats trying to brick our windows, including one asian lad who assumed I was Jewish because i was brought up a catholic -.-

When it got to court, my dad won ultimately, the family who started this have criminal records, and are all proven compulsive liars. That's how we ended up in Kemp Town.

Although it is nice here, I miss Tavi a lot, like the way it was when I grew up.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Living in this region has it's advantages for away days.

Of course, but unfortunately most of the local ones to me seem to be in and around the same 2/3 months, so money may be an issue. Under £15 train to a number of Championship grounds though, and the drinks are of course far cheaper which helps.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
everything around tavi was rough. most of them opposite the crestway convenience store. Unfortunately they forced us to move. Because it was nice living there one or two from tavi were a bit nuts that used to hang around with us, but generally we all got along, made our own fun...we were little shits sometimes too lol.

Back to the point, the family who lived opposite the shop started to torment us. The daughter and her thug friends started getting lippy with my dad, and offensive. So he slapped her.

At some point I can assume she told her dad that my dad raped her, and 'the boys', as it were, came down and beat up my dad.

Then came some twats trying to brick our windows, including one asian lad who assumed I was Jewish because i was brought up a catholic -.-

When it got to court, my dad won ultimately, the family who started this have criminal records, and are all proven compulsive liars. That's how we ended up in Kemp Town.

Although it is nice here, I miss Tavi a lot, like the way it was when I grew up.

What years were you on tavistock?
I used to go there cos my sis was a single mum up there, fortunately she also got out of there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here