Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] PL 'winter break' / FA Cup 4th round replays

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
This, with bells on.

Liverpool are SIXTEEN points clear in the PL with a GAME IN HAND. It's not like he needed to hold all his players back for the tight contest at the top. By all means rest a couple of players, but if you're going to play an entire team of kids you won't get much sympathy if it doesn't pay off.

Quite. Obviously, he can do little wrong in the eyes of the Liverpool fans, given what he's achieved, but personally, if they were to slip up in the replay, while the entire first team squad are on sun-loungers in Dubai, I'd be ****ing fuming.

Liverpool have done the double ONCE in their entire history. Why piss the chance away, on a point of principle?

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

His rhetoric would be different if this was a trophy that he "needed" to win... he can appear as pragmatic as he likes whilst the Club and the fans dismiss it as a tin-pot trophy relative to the one's they are expecting to win. But he would shouting and gurning if he was having to battle hard for a champions league place at the same time. The rest of the footballing world will shout on for The Shrews in the meantime..

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Quite. Obviously, he can do little wrong in the eyes of the Liverpool fans, given what he's achieved, but personally, if they were to slip up in the replay, while the entire first team squad are on sun-loungers in Dubai, I'd be ****ing fuming.

Liverpool have done the double ONCE in their entire history. Why piss the chance away, on a point of principle?

And they have a massive squad, very few injuries and they only need to put out a team good enough to beat Shrewsbury at home

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
The more interesting part of this is that under PL rules they are NOT permitted to take part in any games i.e. no nice money making games oversea.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Which other country schedules Cup games within the winter break ?

Amateur hour at the FA.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here