Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] PL today

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just? We have won 1 in 12 including many of those games being against the teams below us in the table.

MacAllister, Lamptey and Izquierdo have to give us that edge between them imo. I am hopeful that all three are better or different enough to what we already have. I’m optimistic :thumbsup:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
MacAllister, Lamptey and Izquierdo have to give us that edge between them imo. I am hopeful that all three are better or different enough to what we already have. I’m optimistic :thumbsup:

I hope so but have to say I am worried. We seem to be playing a lot worse than the teams around us in the last 2 months.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Are Arsenal playing at The London Stadium? :dunce:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Even though we are on a poor run of form, so are everyone else.

We had the opportunty to put some distance between us and the pack.
We didn't take it, but none of our opponents have reeled us in either.

I still think we will stay up.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Even though we are on a poor run of form, so are everyone else.

We had the opportunty to put some distance between us and the pack.
We didn't take it, but none of our opponents have reeled us in either.

I still think we will stay up.

Which fixtures will we win?

I’m not saying we won’t get them, but it’s hard to pinpoint against whom, every match is tricky.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Well Newcastle are now getting overwhelmed by slick Arsenal 2-0

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

I’m not saying we won’t get them, but it’s hard to pinpoint against whom, every match is tricky.

We will win all 12, obviously [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom

This is where us a fans are making a mistake... pinpointing specific games where we believe we will pick up points... last season it was Saints, Bournemouth, Cardiff at home and look how that turned out (yet we still stayed up) - this season it was the last 4 games we have just played, and again look how that turned out...

We will pick up points where we aren’t expected to - every game could be one where we could pick up points, so if we don’t against teams we expect, it’s not a reason to be too despondent and think the writing is on the wall.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

You can't tell with us. We aren't actually playing that badly.
Just as likely to win against Arsenal/Man Utd as we are against Newcastle/Palace.

The fact is none of the bottom 10 are really playing that well.

Palace's current run of form is worse than ours.
Southampton's home form is abysmal.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if we won 2 and drew 6 of our last 12 tbh.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This is where us a fans are making a mistake... pinpointing specific games where we believe we will pick up points... last season it was Saints, Bournemouth, Cardiff at home and look how that turned out (yet we still stayed up) - this season it was the last 4 games we have just played, and again look how that turned out...

We will pick up points where we aren’t expected to - every game could be one where we could pick up points, so if we don’t against teams we expect, it’s not a reason to be too despondent and think the writing is on the wall.

As long as there are some wins in there. Draws on their own (and losses), ain’t enough.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

Rather than picking exact fixtures I prefer a more holistic approach, and to divide the 12 games into 2 blocks of 6. 6 points needed in each block.

If we have 6 more points before kick off v Norwich, we will be in reasonable shape to avoid the drop.

My mood will swing in proportion to the swing away from those 6 points.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
You can't tell with us. We aren't actually playing that badly.
Just as likely to win against Arsenal/Man Utd as we are against Newcastle/Palace.

The fact is none of the bottom 10 are really playing that well.

Palace's current run of form is worse than ours.
Southampton's home form is abysmal.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if we won 2 and drew 6 of our last 12 tbh.

Disagree. We are not playing well. No idea what you are watching. 1 win in 11 speaks for itself

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I admire your optimism though I cant see any of those three playing a major part of the rest of the season

My flabber would be agast if two of them don't.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
With the exception of Norwich, Newcastle still have to play every team currently below them.
I suspect their fans are pretty happy with the position they are in.

They average something like 37% possession this season and have scored 24 goals.
Palace (23 goals) are up next for them.

The winner of that one can probably breathe easier.
The loser runs a real risk of being dragged into it.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I think it is fair to say that Arsenal and Burnley are now safe, and that it is Southampton downwards still in the relegation mix.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here