Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Pizza Express customer punches a vegan

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
If someone came into any establishment and started bawling on a megaphone I'd be first up to shut the **** up who/whatever they are. Even if I agreed with their cause. Hideously antisocial and not very good for anyone's ears, let alone children's.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I get where the vegan lobby are coming from and I’m trying to cut as much meat out of my diet as I can.

I also understand why they feel compelled to take direct action to change behaviour.

What I don’t understand is why someone feels they have the right to resort to violence, even if their evening is being disturbed for a few minutes.

Better to talk to them. They’ll be gone soon enough.

Personally, I think the need for us all to cut meat consumption is a very real and critical argument.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why should people just going about their every day lives have shouting megaphone wielding militant vegans interrupting a family meal? Pizza express in my experience is a place where you see quite a lot of families, seems an inappropriate place to have this protest. ‘Better to talk to them’ sorry but having come across these groups before they don’t want to talk, some might but the loud ones overpower the quiet more reasonable ones.

You think going into a pizza express with megaphones and signs is going to change anyone wanting to eat their pepperoni pizza? I just can’t agree with these methods of ‘protest’ and what they are doing is alienating people more.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Two acts that would scare children.

1. Megaphones and invading a restaurant
2. Punching/fighting in a restaurant.

Neither are acceptable to a child or most adults for that matter.

The actions of BOTH are unacceptable, neither should have taken place.

Why as a parent would you have to be put into position to explain the behaviour of the demonstrators. Imagine if there had been a 5 year olds party going on at the time.

I've never said EITHER is acceptable? I just don't advocate dealing with item 1. with item 2.

Stuff happens in life that shouldn't take place, doesn't mean you overreact to it. I've been taking my kids to football matches since they were 5, seen all sorts of behaviour that shouldn't happen, doesn't mean I don't take them or overreact. :shrug:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
I've never said EITHER is acceptable? I just don't advocate dealing with item 1. with item 2.

Stuff happens in life that shouldn't take place, doesn't mean you overreact to it. I've been taking my kids to football matches since they were 5, seen all sorts of behaviour that shouldn't happen, doesn't mean I don't take them or overreact. :shrug:

Agreed. However the behaviour likely to occur at a football match is very very unlikely to occur at a pizza restaurant. I took both mine to football when they were 5. I sat them down beforehand and told them that it would be noisy, with lots of people etc. I wouldn’t do that if I was taking them to a pizza restaurant!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I don't want to have to go to Pizza Express to punch a Vegan. Surely you can book one to come around to your home address to be punched ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You didn't see the picture of McD's then? That would have been very scary for young kids and they have clearly committed criminal damage (as the name suggests IS a criminal offence) as well as trespass that is generally a civil matter. I won't go in McD's for many reasons but I have no problems or issues with those that do.

In the picture it does look like the woman is right in ol' baldie's face and seems to have her hand on him. Clearly being provocative.

All eating establishments that are invaded by the loony vegans should call the police and say there is going to be a breach of the peace. Then the OB can't use the "civil matter" excuse and will have to attend.

I defend the right of the vegans to only eat leaves and seeds but they should respect the rights of the overwhelming majority who prefer a well balanced diet.

What happened in Maccy Ds then?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

This.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
What I don’t understand is why someone feels they have the right to resort to violence, even if their evening is being disturbed for a few minutes.

Better to talk to them. They’ll be gone soon enough.

Personally, I think the need for us all to cut meat consumption is a very real and critical argument.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The man was an idiot. I suspect that he’ll have a very unpleasant few months. In this case violence wasn’t the answer.

It wouldn’t be a few minutes. As someone has already pointed out people of this ilk don’t really want to debate. They want to rant but debate is never anywhere near.

Yes we do need to cut down on meat but veganism doesn’t call for that does it ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
What happened in Maccy Ds then?

VEGAN activists wearing pig masks stormed McDonald’s in the centre of the city and poured fake blood over the floor in front of horrified customers.

Video from the scene in London Road shows the moment an activist was carried out by police and put in the back of a van at about 7.30pm.

Moments before, protesters and police clashed in the restaurant which was full with Deliveroo drivers, customers and children.

Activists shouted “no excuse for animal abuse” while kneeling in the fake blood they had poured on the floor.

Police told the activists they would have to leave McDonald's or be arrested.

Toby Elliot, who watched the incident unfold, said: “They poured blood over the windows and floors and were shouting and screaming.

“Police then started pushing everyone out, including customers.

“I was only just walking past and saw it all happening.”

Workers at the store are now attempting to clear the fake blood smeared all over the floor and windows.

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/176...nalds-and-pour-fake-blood-over-floor/?ref=nuo

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
VEGAN activists wearing pig masks stormed McDonald’s in the centre of the city and poured fake blood over the floor in front of horrified customers.

Video from the scene in London Road shows the moment an activist was carried out by police and put in the back of a van at about 7.30pm.

Moments before, protesters and police clashed in the restaurant which was full with Deliveroo drivers, customers and children.

Activists shouted “no excuse for animal abuse” while kneeling in the fake blood they had poured on the floor.

Police told the activists they would have to leave McDonald's or be arrested.

Toby Elliot, who watched the incident unfold, said: “They poured blood over the windows and floors and were shouting and screaming.

“Police then started pushing everyone out, including customers.

“I was only just walking past and saw it all happening.”

Workers at the store are now attempting to clear the fake blood smeared all over the floor and windows.

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/176...nalds-and-pour-fake-blood-over-floor/?ref=nuo

Amazed there wasn't real blood on the floor a little later...

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Lack of vitamin B12 is the only thing I can think of. Everything else needed for a nutritionally balanced diet can happily come from plants.

B12 is a major deficiency in a lot of people, more to do with modern pesticide control and harvesting than with diet. (I just stick to marmite which is riddled with the stuff!)

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
B12 is a major deficiency in a lot of people, more to do with modern pesticide control and harvesting than with diet. (I just stick to marmite which is riddled with the stuff!)

Hang on, Vitamin B12 isn't produced by, or found in, plants so I cant see modern pesticides or harvesting having any impact whatsoever on B12 levels in foodstuffs.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I had sex with a vegan last night. She looked familiar.

Then it dawned on me, I've been in herbivore.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here