Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pitch laying

Nov 20, 2003
hove
Does anybody know when grass is laid as I thought this was being done in Dec 2010 looking at Web cam seems to be quite away off , not a moan just interested and hope there is going to be enough time to sort it ect

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Also can anyone post that picture printed in the Argus a couple of years back with all the different stages of the stadium being built? Be good to see where we were up to now, for perspective's sake.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
On Thursday the man taking people to the inspection platform said they were laying the pipes for the undersoil heating and we were virtually on the time schedule for completion of the stadium possibly 1/2 to 1 day behind which they will soon pick up with good weather.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
We're not laying a pitch like wembley, we're sowing one which I believe will start in Feb

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Does anybody know when grass is laid as I thought this was being done in Dec 2010 looking at Web cam seems to be quite away off , not a moan just interested and hope there is going to be enough time to sort it ect

why would they lay the grass in December when grass doesn't grow in winter

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
We're not laying a pitch like wembley, we're sowing one which I believe will start in Feb

regardless of whether they are doing a roll on or seeded pitch,they will have to wait for the weather to warm up a tad so as to avoid the risk of a hard frost.are you sure about the seeded pitch perkino old boy.???

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
seeing new grass seed germinating...a groundsmans wet dream :love:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
It's definitely being sown from seeds Syd, not turfed.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
seeing new grass seed germinating...a groundsmans wet dream :love:

What sort of timescale are we looking at for that then please, resident turfologist?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
What sort of timescale are we looking at for that then please, resident turfologist?

a matter of days from seeding, depends on warmth of the soil/air, what type of seed it is, watering, sunlight.....LOTS of factors to take in!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here