Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

pitch inspection 4.30

boozeculture

Dec 8, 2010
on my bike
Slightly off topic and may have been answered elsewhere but I havent seen it why did they wear that tatty cheap looking red and white kit at Withdean I thought they wre supposded to be into green and yellow

you mean the shirt with no sponsors name - designed and voted upon by the co owners of the club i.e. the fans

as for green and gold - our protest was saying not one penny and meaning it- hope that helps

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
why no mention of pitch inspection on the website????

Surely it isn't news till it has happened, especially as the heated tent and covers were on, never any chance of it failing the inspection was there? So no need to publish anything about it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Thanks for the answer about green & yellow and yes I had misunderstood it. The red kit looked very cheap and tatty and not even as good as the average pub team wear. I hate to sound bitter but the white!!! shorts reminded me of the original Persil adverts where it showed 2 boys in football kit and said 'you can tell which one was washed with Persil' and it wasnt theirs.

boozeculture

Dec 8, 2010
on my bike
Thanks for the answer about green & yellow and yes I had misunderstood it. The red kit looked very cheap and tatty and not even as good as the average pub team wear. I hate to sound bitter but the white!!! shorts reminded me of the original Persil adverts where it showed 2 boys in football kit and said 'you can tell which one was washed with Persil' and it wasnt theirs.

retro chic fella

anyway off to el stadio de gigg now - hope for those watching the atmosphere is to your liking

and full respect to all you seagulls getting to game

ps had bobbins of a time in brighton the other week and to any of you seagulls that were in great eastern pre game - hi

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I always take 'bobbins' to mean 'complete and utter crap'. At least thats how I use it.

Strange how the northern version seems to mean the exact opposite.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here