Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pitbulls

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
How can you tell the difference between a pitbull and a staff ?

A tosser who lives near me lets this dog run around unsupervised and off the lead, it looks like a staff but the size is in between a staff and a bloody lion !

Im terrified at what it could do to one of my kids in the playground outside my flat , in fact ANY of the kids that play there .

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Bollocks to what breed it is. If he's letting it run around unchecked, I'd get onto either the local council/housing assocation, or the police.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Whatever the breed, if it's unsupervised and possibly dangerous it's illegal try Police, Council, or RSPCA.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If it's got a kiddies arm in it's mouth, it's a Staffy.
If it has a kiddies foot hanging from it's mouth, it's a pitbull.

(there's no such thing a a bad dog, just bad owners)

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
but pitbulls are bred to fight and be aggressive etc, so i'll have to disagree there.

I'd say they're bred to have a good body for dog fighting and then taught to fight(either deliberately or because the owners are sociopaths). The most naturally aggressive dogs always seem to be little scotty dogs and the like. My girlfriend's a vet nurse, and says staffy and pitbulls are lovely dogs

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
but pitbulls are bred to fight and be aggressive etc, so i'll have to disagree there.

Yeah it's almost a chicken and egg situation.

I'd hate to think what you'd have to do to either of my labs, to make them aggressive, but I have no doubts its possible.

I'd hazard a guess it's more to do with how 'long a fuse' the breed has.
Pitbulls maybe, just an inch, my dogs about 50 miles.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
You can contact the police if you think it's an illegal dog. They can get the dog warden to check it out (or you can call them yourself via the council).

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
In the US there are hell of a lot more of these nasty breeds but are rarly of the lead as someone will shoot it quicker than you can say gun controll is a fantacy.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I notice you're in London, in which case it's almost certainly the local council who have responsibility for dog issues. Most local authorities have the dog warden listed on their website.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Pit Bulls have squarer mouths than Staffs but the main thing is that they're a lot bigger as well. Only a complete wanker would own a pitbull and dog lover I might be but that is one breed we don't need.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
If it's got a kiddies arm in it's mouth, it's a Staffy.
If it has a kiddies foot hanging from it's mouth, it's a pitbull.

(there's no such thing a a bad dog, just bad owners)

Pitsbulls are bred for fighting, they will always have a very aggressive streak in them that will never be tamed. To a point I agree, but some breeds will always attack as its in the breeding to do so.

When dog out next phone police or RSPCA as they should send a dog unit to look at it or take it for a test, if the result is its a pit' they will put the devil dog down.:clap2:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
A pit bull has a squarer head than a Staff but the main thing is that a Pit Bull is a lot bigger than a Staff. About the size of a Pointer at least. One breed of dog that most dog lovers don'y like. It's a dog for men with Penis Envy.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
er, its a pit bull .:eek:

What, you're not brave enough to take the little twat on? Just make sure it's not expecting the first kick, and get it right. It should be drousy enough after that just to finish it off. :clap2:

Of course, the legal rammifications might not make this a worth while plan, but if you're worried about your kids...

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

On a pure breed by breed basis there isn't one more naturally prone to attack than another.

Quite simply isn't the case.

But different breeds have obvious differences in strength. So you are more likely to survive a poodle attack than a pitbull attack.

Added to that, you have the idiot factor. They tend to go for the stronger breeds and don't have a clue how to train ANY breed of dog.

The only reason the phrase "dangerous dogs" exists, is because of dangerous owners.

You wouldn't let a 5 year old drive a Ferrari, but you'd probably let them have a go on a skateboard.

I sympathise because I have exactly the same problem round here.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here