Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Piss-poor programme covers

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
I quite like them. Perhaps the picture of the player could be one from a game but it's £3 which in my opinion is ruddy good value.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
What do you want for £3? Banksy? Maybe a bit more renaissance?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Maybe we could have a Gully's Girl on each cover!

Varndean VI Form College

Jul 29, 2011
Hove
What do you want for £3? Banksy? Maybe a bit more renaissance?

Think the programme content is really good but the every week the cover is the same, just with a different player in the same pose; no individuality.

Books/magazines/programmes are often sold on the basis of the cover. Better programme covers=more money for the club.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Think the programme content is really good but the every week the cover is the same, just with a different player in the same pose; no individuality.

Books/magazines/programmes are often sold on the basis of the cover. Better programme covers=more money for the club.
I agree the content is great but when did the cover ever stop anyone buying a programme? Your either going to buy one or your not imo:shrug:

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Have we really sunk to the depths of complaining about the programme cover after a win?

Sep 1, 2010
If you think our covers are bad, Middlesbrough's is looking quite dated

midprog.jpg

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

finlaych

Apr 16, 2011
Brighton, United Kingdom
They normally put who's being interviewed for the "big interview" on the front but today the "big interview" was with el abd and lualua was on the front?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Good idea, seriously. In a variety of poses though.

We could have a different Albion player snogging a Gully's Girl on each cover. This would be groundbreaking territory for a matchday magazine front page.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Yes, I like it. Now the thread is coming up with sensible solutions for the boring designs thus far. Let's hope the club's design dept are reading this...

I'm with you on this. Actually mentioned it to someone close to the club just a few weeks ago.

And, funnily enough, I was thinking of that Ward/Blackpool programme (pictured above) as an example of covers I can remember from 30 years ago.

No one is going to remember the current covers.

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
So we beat former European Cup Winners Nottingham Forest 1-0 in front of over 20,000 people and we complain about
- the manner of performance
- the strike force
- the absence of pies
- the best manager we've had for years' tactics
- almost every player
And now the picture of the programme front cover.

Good grief.

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
i love the new programme ...quality like the stadium
you have to go further than the cover to judge the programme
but i like the wardy picture
more programme covers from the past please ...
anyone got a year to year slide show or similar
i have one from most of the last 40 years but not all

Last edited:

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Agreed. The content is good but the covers are repetitive and poor. We all know how important a cover is when someone is deciding to buy a book/magazine/programme. Crap covers=less money for our club.

Why have you quoted and agreed with yourself ! ??? are you two people signing on he same computer, or one person with two usernames and forgot to switch them :facepalm:

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Funny this should come up. I was thinking exactly the same today. The programme is pretty good this season, but I can't believe that they're still using the boooring stock photos of players profile shots grinning at the camera against a white background. It's so boring!

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
They should keep the player shot with white background but add a rlevant twist. i.e. Lua Lua dressed as Robin Hood today. and Vincelot in a festive Santa hat for the Burnley game.

Joking I am...

Opening poster does have a point though. We've probably paid good money for this new concept too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here