Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Piss-poor programme covers

Varndean VI Form College

Jul 29, 2011
Hove
Now I'm no graphic design expert but I think I could have come up with a hundred more interesting themes for our deathly dull programme covers this season.

What's the appeal of seeing exactly the same design week by week; the only difference being the face of the albion player adorning the cover?

Have no idea why the club are persisting with the theme. Think they need to advertise for someone with a half decent imagination for the programme team.

It's a shame as what's in the programme is pretty good...

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Now I'm no graphic design expert but I think I could have come up with a hundred more interesting themes for our deathly dull programme covers this season.

What's the appeal of seeing exactly the same design week by week; the only difference being the face of the albion player adorning the cover?

Have no idea why the club are persisting with the theme. Think they need to advertise for someone with a half decent imagination for the programme team.

It's a shame as what's in the programme is pretty good...

TSLR is much better read

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Worst thread of the year has a late entry with this one...........

For 3 quid you get a programme, nigh, a magazine back to back with quality stuff, and you moan about the cover?

Un f***ing real.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Does Gus actually write his column or is it ghost-written? It doesn't sound like how he would say it most of the time.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I agree - I don't even read through it anymore - just get it for souvenir value

It's very good quality though [paperwise]

Think its an age thing-i think £3 is great value,still when i first started going to matches i could get in for £2.50(hmmm) best programme ever imo-yes a white background etc with a players face is dull at times,perhaps my only complaint.

Varndean VI Form College

Jul 29, 2011
Hove
Think its an age thing-i think £3 is great value,still when i first started going to matches i could get in for £2.50(hmmm) best programme ever imo-yes a white background etc with a players face is dull at times,perhaps my only complaint.

The programme itself is good but the covers are dull; exactly the same each week giving them no individuality. I've over a thousand football programmes from the 70s to the current day and these are without doubt the drabbest covers.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
How about this from 1978, with Wardy (That'll be the legend at half time today for the jcl's) used on every single one that season.

Graphic designers, my arse.

images

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I'm just pleased we've got a programme we can be proud of this season. Even a mere two seasons it was awful with inconsequential fluff for content, overly dry layout and uninteresting photography.

I do wish there were proper profiles of all the opposition players and a squad photo of them, though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here