Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Pint chucking

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
To be fair, she can pour those over me any day.
I think there is a good thread about which style of beer you would like poured over your naked body by a gorgeous German girl… It’s Altbier all the way for me…

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think there is a good thread about which style of beer you would like poured over your naked body by a gorgeous German girl… It’s Altbier all the way for me…
Hofmeister

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
This mass hysteria is clearly not the actions of seasoned football fans, who have long since realised the folly of over-celebrating your team scoring or getting too worked up. It always comes back to bite you. As I watched the Brazilian players and management samba dancing their way to a hollow victory over an inept South Korea, I wondered when the payback would be.
The group gathering seems to be the in-thing now. Come one, come all. Work yourself into a frenzy, leap onto tables and chairs, throw liquid everywhere before slumping into silent despair as the tide turns against you. High optimism, low despair. No middle ground. All or nothing. All about outdoing your neighbour in how mental you can go.
Half time in the WC Final 1966, in the kitchen at home making a cuppa, I pointed out to my father that our next door neighbour was cutting his grass. As he had over an acre of garden, he was out there all afternoon. We retired to watch the rest of the unfolding drama and I couldn't get it out of my head that he wasn't interested in England trying to win the WC. It takes all sorts.

SAC

May 21, 2014
For me, it dates back to watching the cricket world cup in Australia 1992. When there was a mexican wave going around, plastic pint glasses would fly into the air, with or withour beer in them. Never seen it before, maybe because it's usually too cold in England.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
For me, it dates back to watching the cricket world cup in Australia 1992. When there was a mexican wave going around, plastic pint glasses would fly into the air, with or withour beer in them. Never seen it before, maybe because it's usually too cold in England.
Ah yes - I have a photo somewhere from the 1990/91 Ashes over there - with huge beer snakes and plastic glasses flying around. Also a photo of the aftermath of the day's play - felt quite sorry for the cleaners.

Reactions: SAC

SAC

May 21, 2014
Ah yes - I have a photo somewhere from the 1990/91 Ashes over there - with huge beer snakes and plastic glasses flying around. Also a photo of the aftermath of the day's play - felt quite sorry for the cleaners.
In the UK, at cricket, everyone collects them to get the deposit back.

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
In the UK, at cricket, everyone collects them to get the deposit back.
A couple of years ago I was at the England v Australia rugby match at Twickers with my grandson. All pints were served in thick plastic glasses for £6 which included a £1 deposit for the glass - to be redeemed on return. My grandson did a minesweep of the stand after the game and collected 32 of the buggers, promptly returned them to the nearest bar and pocketed £32!

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
A couple of years ago I was at the England v Australia rugby match at Twickers with my grandson. All pints were served in thick plastic glasses for £6 which included a £1 deposit for the glass - to be redeemed on return. My grandson did a minesweep of the stand after the game and collected 32 of the buggers, promptly returned them to the nearest bar and pocketed £32!
He’ll go far.

Me & @Jimmy Grimble used to do this out the County Ground on T20 nights back in our youth.

We even had a way of jibbing into the corporate bit at the Sea End of the ground to nab theirs too. Think we managed 3 figures once.

As for the article the OP posted - couldn’t agree more…
I’ve only done about 10 England games in my lifetime therefore consider myself a bit of a plastic, but I love my country and love it when we win. That said, I’ve never thought of launching a pint in the air when we score. I will leave that to the Boxpark-hipster-Italia90-replica-kit wearing types.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
With the rise of social media came a new breed of fan, I call them concourse c**ts.
Good point. I have seen people grabbing for their phones and filming themselves when Brighton score. Very odd behavior.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Good point. I have seen people grabbing for their phones and filming themselves when Brighton score. Very odd behavior.
What pisses me off about that is you could quite innocently find yourself splashed over social media. I’m sick today boss, really I’ve just watched a video on Twitter quite clearly you were at a football match.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
At the cricket at Arundel, my son did that, but as he was only about 5 at the time he was taxed at rate of about 80%

Why are you tutting? I’d done a fortune that day

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
So you throw your weak lager in the air when England score going crazy, then see VAR checking, and after a five minute wait the goal is disallowed. You slowly wring you soaked shirt and wander back to the bar for another pint wondering if you get to drink this one, but then check out the video you took of the "goal" celebration and post it on all social media outlets saying what a great night you are having.

Meanwhile England have conceded due to yet another Maguire error at the back, The TV pictures move across to Paris where the French fans are celebrating with a glass of wine which is being sipped rather than thrown around.

Me - I may open the Terrys Chocolate Orange early to celebrate at home.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here