Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pink shirts!

Sir Norman Gull

Where's my poncho?
Mar 28, 2008
Location Location
Tonight in the NFL Pittsburgh Steelers were wearing pink boots,pink wristbands, pink bandanas,pink towels,pink chin guards and had the image of a pink ribbon on their helmets.I certainly wouldn't call one of their defensive line gay!! The referees were also wearing pink sweatbands and the padding at the bottom of the goalposts was pink.

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
It's not that pink's gay. It's that anyone with any kind of fashion sense would not be wearing pink.

Blokes that wear pink at the moment are normally chavvy cunts.

A bit like this
henleys-mens-wendren-pink-237524-53177.jpg

or... this?

lauren-custom-carmel-204244-37354_medium.jpg

:lol:

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Could we not be playing in pink, to support that thing thats associated with pink... oh yeah

Breast cancer? Maybe pink is relevent to teh charity we're supporting? no where did i infer that we're playing in pink "cos its brave guv".

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
It's not that unusual thing to do, a lot of teams in South and Central America do this for one game a season, Pueble from Mexico for example

football_shirt_9031_1_500x400x0.jpg

Puebla football shirt 2008 - 2009 Added on 29/08/10, 06:06

Normally it seems to be a facsimilie of their normal home kit, but using pink as the dominant colour, and it seems to be always for breast cancer, or as it read sin Spanish, 'Cancer de Mama'.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This weeks NFL is very pink due to breast cancer awareness, with some nice touches.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Pink is manly, would you want to tell James Haskell otherwise?

Toulon+v+Stade+Francais+French+Top+14+QAwHWwGYbgJl.jpg

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Quite brilliant that in 2010 people seem to think wearing a pink shirt is somehow an incredibly brave thing to do, or that it's some kind of giant social leap :rolleyes:

What, because people might think you're GAY if you wear it?

Jesus, how old are we? People wear pink all the time, including many, many straight guys. It's only football thats so emotionally retarded as to think it actually means something.

Everton wore shocking pink over the weekend, it seemed to help them....

It's been well-researched that over 100 years ago, boy babies were dressed in pink and girls in blue.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
When I was younf purple seemed to be the colour that inferred, well....:safeway2:

I remember going to a concert by Johnny Mathis in Paris about 1980, well I gatecrashed it by getting myself in a queue of US tourist visitors on a block-booking, and when Mathis came on stage in a bright mauve suit there was a collective gasp..

And of course it was his preferred colour.

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
its obviously going to be Dagenham Away as our two kits clash with their home shirt

Mammoth

Kickin' back
Jan 28, 2011
Manchester Ship Canal
As the ad in Moss Bros window said, Real Men Wear Pink

Pink shirt looks good with a dark suit.

And if you call me a chav my bruvvah will get ya, innit?

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Got the Middlesex T/20 (the year they won) shirt mainly all pink with black piping,wear from time to time never had any issues might get the odd remark but when the see the back and read 'Break through breast cancer' that shuts them up. Cost £40 of which £10 on every shirt when to the appeal. Overall Middlesex raised almost £30K in that season for that appeal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here