Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pilkington

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Christ. :(

Was on his twitter just this afternoon (not sure how I found myself there). A superb talent. Looks like being initially reported as a broken leg, let's hope he makes a full recovery.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Bone right through the skin, I heard - via someone else at the game who had a text from a Huddersfield fan. Horrific - can only wish the lad the best for a full recovery.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Take my comments back from last night as didn't realise how severe this was,

Happy he will miss their run in though.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Great news for us, bad news for him and Hudds it seems!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Ankle dislocated and leg broken at the ankle joint. Sounds exactly (though maybe more severe) the same injury as LuaLua.

Poor bloke. Top player.

Ankle dislocated and leg broken at the ankle joint. Sounds exactly (though maybe more severe) the same injury as LuaLua.

Poor bloke. Top player.

Yikes.
I never like to hear about players getting injured like this, not even if they were our rivals, or even palace players come to that.

Diouf.... Barton.... hmm, maybe the exceptions, and I wouldn't exactly cry for Lee Bowyer either.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Horrible injury but broken bones aren't career enders in this day and age are they?

People saying it's good for us.... aside from being in poor taste, they're miles behind us, and this means he'll probbaly be there next season, quite possibly in the Championship, which would be bad for us.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Quality player. Strong and fast with an eye for a pass and for a goal. I had him down as one of the players we might try to sign if we went up (assuming they didn't).

Sadly I don't think he will be back much before Christmas - it's the ankle ligament damage rather than the broken bone that will take longest to heal.

His absence could seriously dent Huddersfield's push for automatic promotion in the same way as not having Lallana affected SCC or we would have missed Benno had he gone in January. A lot of their attacking play goes through him.

Not really, but is always a worry that they will never reach the same level as before the injury I suppose

But it's not because of any weakening of the bones themselves, as breaks that heal again are stronger than ever, at the break. Muscle damage and the resutant scar tissue may be another thing - and if there's any chance of bone-spurs or firing then it would be a problem.

The main issue is perhaps more psychological, in that the victim must feel a bit 'once bitten twice shy' so as to speak.
I was thinking about that re Macnulty and the removal of a kidney after a tackle. I mean he would have to be nervous about damaging the other one - even though the chances of similar happening to him must be millions against.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
But it's not because of any weakening of the bones themselves, as breaks that heal again are stronger than ever, at the break. Muscle damage and the resutant scar tissue may be another thing - and if there's any chance of bone-spurs or firing then it would be a problem.

The main issue is perhaps more psychological, in that the victim must feel a bit 'once bitten twice shy' so as to speak.
I was thinking about that re Macnulty and the removal of a kidney after a tackle. I mean he would have to be nervous about damaging the other one - even though the chances of similar happening to him must be millions against.

Yes the McNulty comparison was one that came to my mind too. I'm not sure if he has recovered the physical side of his game yet? Must always nsc at the back of your mind when going in for a tackle.

Pilkington had has op last night and all went well, sounds like they are expecting a full recovery which is fantastic news.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here