Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pigeon in red wine sauce ?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Anybody got a good recipe for pigeon breast in a red wine sauce........ I seem to have a glut of the tasty flyers at the moment.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Anybody got a good recipe for pigeon breast in a red wine sauce........ I seem to have a glut of the tasty flyers at the moment.

1. throw pigeon away (remove ring first as it has a scrap value)

2. drink red wine

I'm told it works well.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'll swap you some sky rats for Cuttlefish if you like ?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
When did you last see a baby Pigeon?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
My auntie in Italy - who was I can only describe as a peasant, coming from a rural background where civilisation had yet to encroach upon - used to put a bowl of their heads on the table when she cooked for us and would nibble on them during the course of the meal. There isn't much I wouldn't eat but that was one dish I passed on.
Because she could not speak a work of English and I not a word of Italian at the time, she would do a impression of the animal to indicate what meat we had for dinner. I got confused once as she wasn't Rory Bremner but luckily understood the one Italian word that jumped out of her Dialect.

Testicoli di bue... Thanks auntie Anna.

Last edited:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
My auntie in Italy - who was I can only describe as a peasant, coming from a rural background where civilisation had yet to encroach upon - used to put a bowl of their heads on the table when she cooked for us and would nibble on them during the course of the meal. There isn't much I wouldn't eat but that was one dish I passed on.

I think I met her once, ginger bread house, right?

I didn't go for the pigeon heads myself either, but the steak was wonderfully tender...

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
For some reason I misread this as "Piquionne in red wine sauce". I've obviously been on NSC too much recently.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
For some reason I misread this as "Piquionne in red wine sauce". I've obviously been on NSC too much recently.

"Piquionne to red wine: [I have a reliable] sauce"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here