Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pietersen OUT for the rest of the Ashes series

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Just breaking on the BBC now. Not great news. But we can still win it anyway I reckon.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
And Bell got 7 today.

ED JOYCE FOR ENGLAND!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
A 3-4-5 of Bopara, Bell and Collingwood is a tad 'introspective' for my liking. There is a good case for a Bell for Bopara swap anyway. Bad news, no ready replacement.

keaton

Nov 18, 2004
Bell will do more than KP did in the first two tests

Hmmm . KP's average in these two games 38, that's not too bad. Especially when Bell's average versus the Aussies' when completely fit is 25

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
A 3-4-5 of Bopara, Bell and Collingwood is a tad 'introspective' for my liking. There is a good case for a Bell for Bopara swap anyway. Bad news, no ready replacement.
I'm not convinced either Bell or Bopara are number three test batsmen.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
This could be the first time in decades that an England team made up of English players, rather than propped up with foreign mercenaries, raised abroad and qualifying through some parental/grand parental etc. link, competes in a test match. Can anyone who actually watches cricket confirm?
:)

keaton

Nov 18, 2004
This could be the first time in decades that an England team made up of English players, rather than propped up with foreign mercenaries, raised abroad and qualifying through some parental/grand parental etc. link, competes in a test match. Can anyone who actually watches cricket confirm?

Yes that's the case.
Apart from Matt Prior obviously.
Or Andrew Strauss.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley

prior is south african!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
prior is south african!

He may have been born abroad, but Matt is very English. Of English parents, brought up, educated and played all of his cricket in Sussex.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It's obvious then: they should replace Prior with some TRIED AND TESTED Englishmen like Tim Ambrose or Geraint Jones.

Oh wait ....

yes, the only Papua New Guinea-born player to represent England.. so far

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It's obvious then: they should replace Prior with some TRIED AND TESTED Englishmen like Tim Ambrose or Geraint Jones.

Oh wait ....

Or Nic Pothas or the Keiswetter chap?

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
3 Bopara
4 Colly
5 Prior
6 Bell

???

I dont know if Prior's style is what is required as high as number 5 in the order. It is good if the top 4 score, but if it collapses, Prior in at 5 at Test level is a huge gamble.

It has to be those four, but which order is tough.
Bell's technique should make him a good number 3 batsmen, but he just doesnt seem to perform.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here