Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pies

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
That's a shame, I thought the burger & chips from the Withdean were quite good... hope they're not falling short of that :-/

Are you having a laugh, i once bought 2 burgers at the Withdean, one for me and one for my daughter we both threw them in the bin, they were inedible

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
By the sound of it, what at the moment started of as a cottage industry Pie Factory is doing it's job superbly. On the other hand the International/National Stadium Caterers, Azure, whom you would have thought would be able to walk into any Stadium and have the staff with the experience to get the contract up and running with the minimum of teething problems.
They must have used Withdean as a basis of staff/stock levels because at the moment its 5/10 from me, as the actual performance doesn't compare to their mission statement.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Wasn't in yesterday so only just seen this comment. There are some things I can't say until they are made official just incase it changes. The shop closed due to a number of factors such as the Mother having to spend everyday making these pies for everyone as well as the shop not making enough money due to the roadworks ect. She did say that she appreciates the following of pies (which sold out everyday at the shop) and is trying to find a way of getting these available for a midweek fix. Will update as soon as I know anymore on the matter.

Thanks for that SBS

Hey Wise Toad

Jul 1, 2011
I had a burger, apart from being slightly cold it tasted ok - not as nice as the Pies though. They should definitley bring out a Balti pie though - and maybe some chips!!!!! :)

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Whats the record for pie eating at the stadium? Yesterday I had a chicken and ham at half time, same again in Dicks bar after the game and the same again upon leaving Dicks (they were giving them out for free).. I feel like a FAT bastard!

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
We made over 5000 of Steak and Ale, bloody good effort if they all sold out. Maybe they didn't supply enought to the North Stand.

any chance of the elusive balti pie?!

just wondering no pressure :) keep up the great work

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
About a quarter of Wifey's pie was just 1 lump of mighty fine looking steak.
It was so big I think they just moulded the pastry round it.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Sat in WSU block H, got in to stand about 1.45, went straight up to kiosk with no queue, ordering was fine, transaction fine. Steak and Ale pie was brilliant, pastry a tad soggy but was very warm, extremely tasty and if they consistent at that standard, shall be eating before each game. Something I only did once or twice ever at Withdean.

Looking forward to Chicken on Tuesday!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No mini pies for the kids.

I bet my 5 year old daughter, a pink cap, she couldn't eat all of her 'kids' (same size as all the others) pie.

I can't believe I've got to buy a cap next time!, little gannet.

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
as good as the pies are, and they really are good, one thing i do miss from the Withdean, was the pork roast stand...

a baguette with the pork roast and stuffing, with onions at half time, was absolutely handsome, and made my half time special....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here