Votes: 33 37.9%
  • Veg

Votes: 5 5.7%

• Total voters

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
OK. I've only been to the Donny game so far and after 15 minutes lining up was told they were clean out of pies. I've yet to sample the goods. However, salvation is at hand. I've managed to bag a ticket for Palace. I will be down in good time to soak up the atmosphere and, perhaps more importantly, buy a pie. The Amex Pie seems to be taking on a near legendary status. So once again I need the assistance of the NSC family. You tell me. What flavour should I be buying?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I've had three steak pies; the first too were very good. The last was foul, with a thick layer of salt on top and stone cold.

Normally would always go Chicken but having had both now Steak is better.

Both are better than any pie at any ground/shop/bakery I've ever had.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
I've tried all three flavours, and I'm afraid I don't know what all the fuss is about.
They all taste strange, aren't the most moist inside, and you do get a lot of pastry with loads of salt on top.
Having had a chicken balti pie at Portsmouth recently, that is the standard to beat.
What a beauty.
Big, full of juicy chicken in a wonderful sauce, and only enough pastry to stop the filling from falling out.
Sorry, but I think people are kidding themselves if they think the Amex pies are the best thing since sliced bread.
They are OK. That's about it.

Fur Cough

I've tried all three flavours, and I'm afraid I don't know what all the fuss is about.
They all taste strange, aren't the most moist inside, and you do get a lot of pastry with loads of salt on top.
Having had a chicken balti pie at Portsmouth recently, that is the standard to beat.
What a beauty.
Big, full of juicy chicken in a wonderful sauce, and only enough pastry to stop the filling from falling out.
Sorry, but I think people are kidding themselves if they think the Amex pies are the best thing since sliced bread.

Burn Him.:hilton:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I find the steak a bit too meaty, it needs a little bit more moisture/gravey inside.

Chicken once was better BUT agreed with the salt comment, I couldn't eat all of the top pastry because of the salt - Is that a supplier decision or a caterers decision re the salt

Not had a veggy one.

BUT I do enjoy them, minor critiisms from me.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I really can't decide between the steak and chicken, I have never had the veg pie. I think the OP should try all three, then give us his verdict.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
What a beauty.

Seems the issue is the consistency of preparation (and maybe of the product). I've had three or four steak pies (not each game) all from the South end kiosk of WSL and every one of them has been hot and full of moist, succulent filling. Seriously - couldn't find fault if I had wanted to. But others report dry, overly crusty and sometimes cold product. If that's the case then take them back and the standard will improve.

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
Only had two chicken pies so far ... was queuing for a steak one the second time but they'd had a run on them. Both Chick ones were brim full of hot chicken and thought the pastry was tasty too ... 9/10.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
The pies are amazing but the vegetarian option is rubbish. It tastes like salty pumpkin. Not good.

The steak and chicken pies more than make up for it though!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Had both, they really are excellent quality. With chicken at the moment, but can't rule out changing in the future!!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have had a steak and a Chicken pie. not had the veggie yet.

Thought the steak one was good but my chicken one was a bit on the dry side. Maybe I was just unlucky.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here