Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Piers Morgan v Matt Hancock

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
There was pandemic drill in 2016, apparently it stated we were found lacking in beds, PPE and resources such as ventilators. It’s nice to see the government responded well to that assessment...

And re an enquiry, I can see it either dragging on so the public forget or it’ll be a botch job ala Grenfell and they’ll try and place the blame on the NHS.

What is the point in preparing for something that might not happen ? I can see the headline. "Government spent many millions on doubling intensive care beds none of which have been used, and vast amounts of PPE that is now out of date after a scaremongering pandemic drill in 2016".

T.G

Mar 30, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Time in office is a little bit irrelevant......the pandemic is 'new'. Loads of mistakes were bound to have been made in all this - everyone is learning as they go along. Not sure what Stanley Johnson's behaviour has to do with the Government. The EU is in total turmoil in terms of dealing with the pandemic. You can easily interpret the stats to make us look better or worse than other countries in Europe...........

Morgan acts like a teenager on Facebook.....will do or say anything to get 'likes'.

Of course time in government in not irrelevant! They have been underfunding the NHS for over a decade. They were warned four years ago by Cygnus that they were ill prepared and dud nothing. Their ideology and governance has costs people’s lives to be lust unnecessarily 😡

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
What is the point in preparing for something that might not happen ? I can see the headline. "Government spent many millions on doubling intensive care beds none of which have been used, and vast amounts of PPE that is now out of date after a scaremongering pandemic drill in 2016".

Yet we spend untold millions on trident...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There was pandemic drill in 2016, apparently it stated we were found lacking in beds, PPE and resources such as ventilators. It’s nice to see the government responded well to that assessment...

And re an enquiry, I can see it either dragging on so the public forget or it’ll be a botch job ala Grenfell and they’ll try and place the blame on the NHS.

Not sure about that. 96 families went on a 30 year crusade to uncover The Truth.

14,000+ grieving families (and counting) won't forget this - I know I won't if the worst happens to any of mine, particularly as 2 of them are on that front line, working untested, and with inadequate PPE.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Not sure about that. 96 families went on a 30 year crusade to uncover The Truth.

14,000+ grieving families (and counting) won't forget this - I know I won't if the worst happens to any of mine, particularly as 2 of them are on that front line, working untested, and with inadequate PPE.

When I say ‘the public forget’ I mean the overall apathy that tends to settle in post crisis or tragedy ala Grenfell. Lots of anger to start with but by ebbs with time. Of course, the families who have suffered and lost will never forget, or forgive. And nor should they.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Maybe we decided a Nuclear Attack was more dangerous and would kill more people than a virus pandemic. Got to say I prob agree ! do you ?

So, it’s ok to invest in Nuclear war, something that will probably never happen, but not ok to invest in something that scientists predicted would happen? Gotcha.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
So, it’s ok to invest in Nuclear war, something that will probably never happen, but not ok to invest in something that scientists predicted would happen? Gotcha.
Crazy right?

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
When I say ‘the public forget’ I mean the overall apathy that tends to settle in post crisis or tragedy ala Grenfell. Lots of anger to start with but by ebbs with time. Of course, the families who have suffered and lost will never forget, or forgive. And nor should they.

Agreed - I didn't mean you thought they would forget. But this is on another scale entirely to any death toll we've ever witnessed in our modern times. When we come through this and the dust settles, lethargy and complacency is not going to be a good look for our leaders when those making - or not making - the decisions are held to account.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes

Something we certainly all hope will never happen( although many have predicted it ). You need to believe there are scientist that predict all sorts of things and then you`ll find others that predict the opposite.

It`s very easy with hindsight !!

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
You're not risking anything other than an opinion, as am I. "NSC royalty" though,do me a lemon. I've just hung around posting bollocks on here for years, as have many others.

And I'm not belittling the scale of the tragedy that is unfolding, far from it. But where there are statistics, as in sport, there are direct comparisons as to skill and competence. Who is doing better, and who is doing worse. And currently, given the numbers, the UK is hardly blasting a trail in this - and thats despite having an open healthcare system that is flat-out working its bollocks off to do an incredible job.

Details are now emerging of inertia, incompetence and complacency at the highest level of government at the most crucial time - the earliest time - when we had an opportunity to plot a different course. Instead, with Corona cases in this country in January, we waited till mid-March to actually start to do something about it. And even since then, flights arrive and land with untested passengers simply sent forth into our populace.

And boy, are we paying for it now.

The world is paying for it, not just us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm interested to know where the "15K a day arriving in UK Airports to pick crops" figure comes from...?
Countryfile tonight mentioned that there was a charter flight carrying 140 Romanian crop pickers to the UK recently... Maybe they underestimated by a hundred or so?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Of course time in government in not irrelevant! They have been underfunding the NHS for over a decade. They were warned four years ago by Cygnus that they were ill prepared and dud nothing. Their ideology and governance has costs people’s lives to be lust unnecessarily [emoji35]

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Yet we spend untold millions on trident...

fair point, well made.

its worth wondering how a government agency responsible for health care strategy and planning, with £4.5bn budget, has apparently done nothing to plan for this contingency.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Ok..thank you for that info.

It does seem too high to me. I have tried to research it more but the best I can find so far is one company paying to fly-in 450 crop pickers from Europe.

I am surprised that these 15000 crop pickers a day, coming in and not being health checked though.If true, that is truly scandalous.

I'll keep looking.

It’s bollocks. Most of the 15k are Brits being repatriated. Piers Moron didn’t think to question who was on the planes.....

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
How do you think the British press would handle the two? I can imagine The Daily Mail headlines.. " Britain restored as a Nuclear Power! ... Look out Putin!" and "£Millions WASTED On Preparation For 'Flu Bug Fantasy"

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
It’s bollocks. Most of the 15k are Brits being repatriated. Piers Moron didn’t think to question who was on the planes.....

I think it's bollocks too, but I am still trying to find out more.

Personally , I'm not to thrilled with how Mr. Johnson ( aka Dominic Cummings) initially dealt with this virus and one day he may be held to account.

What annoys me is the rubbish that is put on NSC, Facebook, Twitter etc etc etc by people who just have a hidden agenda.

I often wonder now, how much harm has been done physically ( with false remedies on Facebook ) and mentally to people by wild and inaccurate information being posted...?

As an aside regarding PPE, my daughter is working on the front of the frontline and has no issues with PPE shortages in her area in the hospital at the present time.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I think it's bollocks too, but I am still trying to find out more.

Personally , I'm not to thrilled with how Mr. Johnson ( aka Dominic Cummings) initially dealt with this virus and one day he may be held to account.

What annoys me is the rubbish that is put on NSC, Facebook, Twitter etc etc etc by people who just have a hidden agenda.

I often wonder now, how much harm has been done physically ( with false remedies on Facebook ) and mentally to people by wild and inaccurate information being posted...?

As an aside regarding PPE, my daughter is working on the front of the frontline and has no issues with PPE shortages in her area in the hospital at the present time.

Agreed. On the flights issue I’ve got a good pal who works for BA at their head office......virtually every flight they are operating are repatriation flights - 90% of passengers. I’m keeping out of the political stuff - no party would have handled this very well, it’s unprecedented and a once in a 100 year (or more) event. You can’t properly prepare for that.

My eldest is also on the front line (nurse on a Covid ward). It’s all calm, they are way below capacity but PPE is a concern - they are very low on stock.

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
The politest way I can put it is Piers Morgan is just a massive agitator. He stands for nothing except self promotion. I have been relatively impressed with MH through this.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here