Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Piercey Acting Like A Twat!

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Heard a few stories abouy John Piercey acting like a twat last Sat night in the Prince Albert in Eastbourne. The desription was that he was seriously pissed and acting the big 'i am' to the extent that he was lucky to get away without a slapping.

Anyone else heard about this? I hope its not true as he obviously does have ability but his attitude and off the field activities have been queried before.

Never seen him out personally but a mate of mine has spoken to him in Kings on a number of occasions and said that Piercey does like to act up a bit, going on about how much he's on (three grand a week, apparently last season) and how he's an Arsenal fan.

On the other hand, Chris McPhee seems like a really nice bloke.

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
Piercy drinks and smokes heavily. He also eats a lot of crap like kebabs and burgers after a session.

This is why he was so overweight at the start of the season and so injury prone. I remember seeing him in a kebab house in Seaside Eastbourne last year - he was so pissed he could hardly stand.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
So basically piercy acts like any other adult, getting pissed and eating kebabs when they go out.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
tinx said:
So basically piercy acts like any other adult, getting pissed and eating kebabs when they go out.

Errr Yes but if he's allegedly getting paid £3000 a week he ought to have the sense to moderate the excesses. If not for the fans he owes it to himself to maximise his potential. If he had the natural ability of Gazza then just maybe you'd forgive him but let's not forget that in the big scale of things he's bloody average.

I also recall how another Eastbourne chaps excesses led to his downfall, With respect to Stuart Myall he was also victim of a wages cull in the dark bellotti/Archer days but the word soon got back to Albion that he was regularly on the serious piss up. and eating crap. Famously Liam Brady once pointed to his tits and told them he'd have to lose them. A real shame and a waste of talent

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
'He owes it to himself' does he? SO let him get on with his life and if he fucks it up it's his fault.

If you knew half the things people on NSC do at the weekend before going back to work you'd probably say the same thing about them.

Who gives a f***.

Falmer Dream

Feb 2, 2004
If Piercy is on 3k a week, I hope he is in for a very big wage drop - if he gets a new contract at all. 3k a week for a player of that quality is madness.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
My sister is good mates with Piercy and also Jo whos parents run The Prince Albert, I have also met his brother and that doesnt sound like him at all.

I think its time people go off his f***ing back, i guarantee most of the squad enjoy a drink, and at the end of the day what is worng with a kebab? 3rd hand gossip, probably by jealous people, of which Eastbourne and the small town mentality it has is full of is no reason to start a lynching thread!!!!

Sad!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
he's doing (if it is true that is) exactly what I'd be doing on £3000 a week, Having Fun and enjoying life whilst getting paid shitloads doing something you love. Nothing wrong with that at all in my book.
He does'nt owe anyone anything other than to perform when asked (training/matchday), evenings & other times are his own for his own life and what he does is upto him no one else.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I couldn't care what he gets up to in his own time, providing he does the business on the pitch.
If his antics start affecting his game then we have the right to have a go at him!

Last edited:

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
Funny, I don't remember people being so charitable about Butters refuelling habits on here a year ago.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Piercy is NOT on 3 grand a week

FACT.

He is a bit of a lad, but not the worst.

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
Albion Dan said:
My sister is good mates with Piercy and also Jo whos parents run The Prince Albert, I have also met his brother and that doesnt sound like him at all.

I think its time people go off his f***ing back, i guarantee most of the squad enjoy a drink, and at the end of the day what is worng with a kebab? 3rd hand gossip, probably by jealous people, of which Eastbourne and the small town mentality it has is full of is no reason to start a lynching thread!!!!

Sad!

I'm not lynching Piercy and it's not third hand - I saw it with my own eyes (he was being visibly supported by a mate - he could barely stand) and by doing this, he was short-changing the fans by clearly being unfit at the start of the season.

I am pleased he has knuckled down a bit because I think he is a good player with great potential and don't want him slipping back into his old ways. :drink:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Given that he was captain of the reserves at Spurs and has struggled to get into a 2nd division team until recently and seems injury prone, I feel justified in thinking that we haven't exactly got value for money from him, if he's on £3k a week.

Last edited:

CrabtreeBHA said:
He does'nt owe anyone anything other than to perform when asked (training/matchday), evenings & other times are his own for his own life and what he does is upto him no one else.

True, but I think the point is he doesn't perform as well as his natural talent would allow, and that is letting himself and the club down.

People slated Guy Butters because he was on a shit load and not producing the goods. It's exactly the same with Piercey. There's no doubting his ability (someone at the club reckons he's the most naturally talented player we have), but if he's going to go out on the piss all the time and let himself get out of shape then why shouldn't we ask questions?

That's not me being jealous, by the way, it's just my point of view.

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
He is a confessed paid up Tory party member though. Much more of a reason to dislike him IMO.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
GUNTER said:
I'm not lynching Piercy and it's not third hand - I saw it with my own eyes (he was being visibly supported by a mate - he could barely stand)

Originally Posted by GUNTER
Anyone else heard about this? I hope its not true as he obviously does have ability but his attitude and off the field activities have been queried before.

Contradict yourself why dont ya :glare:

I......Smell......BULLSHIT! :glare:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Southy said:
He is a confessed paid up Tory party member though. Much more of a reason to dislike him IMO.

That might depend on Labour's deputy prime minister's decision though won't it ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here