Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pie and a pint problem before the game

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
i'm always amazed that people feel the need to eat between 2:45 and 4:45- very odd.
We 'sold it' as part of the Seagulls experience, (not the pint bit!) for the kids.
They love it as it's all part of a special day.

And if you're standing in a queue for a pie, staring at a 'Pie and a Pint' sign for longer than 30 secs I defy you to not buy one, for yourself. DON'T JUDGE ME OK :lol:

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
Very glad you raised this matter. Whilst it's certainly not a complaint (can anyone complain after Withdean?) it is a little matter that would make the matchday experience even better.
Just a few extra places to put your pint and grub would be so handy. There are the columns by the TV's that would be ideally suited to this and it would make life easier.
More places to get Ketchup and Mustard would be nice as well - and they always seem empty when I go to them.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
i brought a pie first, then ate it, then went back for a pint to wash the tasty pie down, no need for a shelf on this occasion. but next week who knows what I will do, pint then pie, pie then pint, pie and pint, oh and where do you put the programme, blooming decisions decisions.............

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
i brought a pie first, then ate it, then went back for a pint to wash the tasty pie down, no need for a shelf on this occasion. but next week who knows what I will do, pint then pie, pie then pint, pie and pint, oh and where do you put the programme, blooming decisions decisions.............

No queues where you are then?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I have to agree. Some more shelfage would be helpful. It's a pain trying to hold a plastic pint pot and a huge pie.

Do what l do ... slurp of beer, piece of pie, slurp of beer, piece of pie .. keep goiing until both are finished. No need to put anything down that way.

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009

Did that mean you missed out on the special pie and pint combo price? Get you, splashing the cash!

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
North has plenty of ledges. Also I took my pint to my seat at Gills game but maybe got a non-interested or lenient steward. Didn't see any signage and no comments so just assumed was fine :shrug:

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Did that mean you missed out on the special pie and pint combo price? Get you, splashing the cash!

I am truely gutted now that I may have missed this golden opportunity to save some money. Will look out for the "combo deal" tomorrow, but then I may need a shelf?

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
I am truely gutted now that I may have missed this golden opportunity to save some money. Will look out for the "combo deal" tomorrow, but then I may need a shelf?

Maybe the lack of shelves is a cunning commercial plan to get people to pay for their pies and pints separately.

ATC?

Maybe the lack of shelves is a cunning commercial plan to get people to pay for their pies and pints separately.

ATC?

This is very valid as far as WSU goes and I contacted Elliott Moore weeks ago who replied "I am afraid this is a club issue and I have asked the Stadium Manager to consider more shelving for fans, I am sorry that I cant answer this one for you". Insider gave his usual non commital response when I asked him but it is something that could easily be remidied and make things easier for a LOT of people.

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
I manage to balance my pint on my head and eat the pie with two hands. Once said pie is finished I take the pint off my head and start drinking again, its not rocket science. Better still stay at home and have a crappy iceland pie and put your pint on the kitchen table,Job done. How bad of the club not to give a valid response to this very serious thread.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
I live in fear of my season ticket getting fluffy & dusty :nono:

I feel your pain. Counsellors are available for those worried about their card losing its swipe-ability.

On another matter, I was delighted to discover the comfy nature of my seat at half-time on Saturday, being about the first occasion I can remember in the first three games that I have SAT DOWN on the ruddy thing. I am, of course, ensuring that it doesn't wear out thus saving the club huge amounts of SEAT UPKEEP.

It's the least I can do in the circumstances.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here