Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pics of SE and SW corners

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Can someone do us a favour and re-post picture in 2the other 2 format I cant get this way at work :( thanks in advance

Brok

🦡
Dec 26, 2011
Right, so I wasn't imagining that then. Presuming they need to get some steel knocked up and then attach the concrete terracing to it, based on how long that has taken in other parts of the stadium, I would say they aren't too far away from cutting it fine.

I'm not sure there is any steel involved. I believe it is constructed from pre-cast concrete, in which case it will be as quick as the rear of the SE corner. One minute there's nothing there, then hey presto! all of a sudden we've got loads of seats there.
As far as the stadium build is going, I have 100% faith in the builders.
Don't worry.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I guess what we can't see is what is on the ground where all those red barriers are. If they have dug the foundations for the steel in there and are just waiting to slot it in, it's presumably a really quick job (again, just going on how quickly it seemed to spring up in the East and last year).

They were digging through the concrete in some of the earlier pics, to take supporting beams.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
I would guess they are leaving room in the South West corner for access whilst they finish work on the new South corporate section. Once all the big stuff is in position they will finish off the corner.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here