Brighton
Coming along nicely:

AyfwgOQCcAANIK0.jpg:large

South East

AyfwySYCMAAX6iT.jpg:large

South West

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Strange, but to me it looks a steeper angle now that itis filled in, will look superb when seats go in.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Nice.

Having initially thought about relocating from my WSL block B seat, I'm now rather glad to be there for another season. The atmosphere at the south end is going to be great what with the extra seats and the proximity of the away fans. We might even score at that end!

Also, I see the 1901 wrap around bit isn't noticeable in that first pic. Is that happening at a later date then?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Great pics.

The colloseum looks amazing with the unfinished gaps and concrete in season 2011/12, now nearly replaced with seating.

Far better than the new stadia of 4 rectangular lego stands.

Last edited:

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Oh okay. Tar. It's going to look great once done. Where Is the Amex equivalent of the chicken run now?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Oh okay. Tar. It's going to look great once done. Where Is the Amex equivalent of the chicken run now?

I went to the Goldstone as a kid, but I still don't understand which bit people mean when they refer to the chicken run, what was it?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The seats will be there for the start of the season without a shadow doubt, but there seems to still be a lot of work to be done to get the back of the south stand ready for 4 weeks tomorrow.

Does anybody know if the south stand TV is going to be put back where it was.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
It was the part of the east terrace that ran along the bottom. All the kids used to stand on old milk crates or boxes, including our son when he was just a nipper.
He had a posh fold-up one.

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
I went to the Goldstone as a kid, but I still don't understand which bit people mean when they refer to the chicken run, what was it?

Hi Mate
when me you and your dad went a few times and sat in the old south stand, the chicken run was the expanse of open terrace to the right of the pitch, from where you sat

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010

I think it was just a bit of the east that was fenced off. It was just known as that even after that was removed from what I remember

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
these pics all look fantastic, the upper east is looking classy (just need the seats to go in) and the corners are going to really complete the look!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Hi Mate
when me you and your dad went a few times and sat in the old south stand, the chicken run was the expanse of open terrace to the right of the pitch, from where you sat

I think it was just a bit of the east that was fenced off. It was just known as that even after that was removed from what I remember

Cheers Geoffers, cheers Hyperion.

I used to stand on milk crates, when I could be bothered to watch. Aged about 5-6 I was way more into kicking a coke can round the terrace.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I know there are quite big plans for the SW corner where that big hole is, but is that being done during these works? And the wrap around upper tiers are they going in this time too?

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Cheers Geoffers, cheers Hyperion.

I used to stand on milk crates, when I could be bothered to watch. Aged about 5-6 I was way more into kicking a coke can round the terrace.

:) I remember crying when we lost the cup final. Seemed a bit over dramatic now. Can't wait til next season starts its going to look amazing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here