watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
Fantastic video on there as well!

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
These are beautiful pics. Really nice and sharp. I'm struggling with my 7D in that I keep getting images that are OK as far as they go but they really don't have the pin sharp quality you'd expect from a camera of that spec. I think I really dropped the ball by being impatient and getting the kit lens. I get way better pics off my cheap (£80) 50mm prime lens than the kit, but it does have the flexibility of the zoom. I guess I need to invest in glass next.

Just bloody magic pics. Thanks for posting.

Willow

Jul 6, 2003
Didcot
These are beautiful pics. Really nice and sharp. I'm struggling with my 7D in that I keep getting images that are OK as far as they go but they really don't have the pin sharp quality you'd expect from a camera of that spec. I think I really dropped the ball by being impatient and getting the kit lens. I get way better pics off my cheap (£80) 50mm prime lens than the kit, but it does have the flexibility of the zoom. I guess I need to invest in glass next.

Thanks, Jim and all.

These pics are on a Tokina 11-16 Wide Angle, perfect for stadium shots.

You are right, you are never going to get the same sharpness out of a zoom lens, but then zooms are perfect for an everyday walkabout lens. I normally have an 18-200 on mine.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Despite being quite cheap, that 'nifty fifty' Canon 50mm prime is a quality piece of glass even if it's a bit on the plastic side. I recently got a used Canon 17-85mm IS USM lens from MPB Photographic who are in Brighton (but not a retail shop, however you can collect saving you the postage) http://www.mpbphotographic.co.uk/. Worth a look, and a massive step up in quality from the kit lens.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Despite being quite cheap, that 'nifty fifty' Canon 50mm prime is a quality piece of glass even if it's a bit on the plastic side. I recently got a used Canon 17-85mm IS USM lens from MPB Photographic who are in Brighton (but not a retail shop, however you can collect saving you the postage) http://www.mpbphotographic.co.uk/. Worth a look, and a massive step up in quality from the kit lens.

Thanks Bold! I'm not in Brighton but do like to drop by as often as I can so I shall certainly look online in advance before I'm next down. The kit lens was, frankly, a lemon and I wish I'd been more patient. However, the nifty fifty was an absolute bargain. I'm aspiring to the 24-70 EF-L as a good flexible lens but unless I find several hundred quid under the mattress it isn't going to happen anytime soon.

All the best.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here