Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Pickpockets.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
The only time I repeat myself is when I pick pickpockets pockets.

All credit to Calcium Kid on Don't Flop many years ago

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I knew two pickpockets well. Growing up in a village you knew everybody. Nothing really escapes.

These two would target charity shops where elderly people would shop.These were there favorite choice of victim. Quite often old women would leave there handbag opened or partially.. They would travel all over Sussex as they were to well known in the Mid Sussex area. I'm sure Edna might know them but it was a long time ago. Old people driving mobility scooters was another favorite of there's as they wouldn't feel the zip being opened as the bag is either in front of them or behind in a basket.

I also remember them earning over £300 cash and a gold ring from one lift from a shop called Keymarkets or it could have been called Bejam. What was sickening was it was just before Xmas.. Inside was a picture of her and her 3 children.

This is pure Partridge.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
The biggest thief in all our lives has been the Albion. Let’s get some prospective here people.

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Having travelled extensively in the past 25 years whilst birding I've visited many places that require extra care. So number one go to is Rohan Bags (trousers), twin zip front pockets (one lockable with padlock, yes I've done that) to contain wallet and passport. Would never consider wearing anything else in crowded or hostile areas. Rohan bags.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Myself and a friend, and numerous others, had phones lifted at a Concorde 2 gig around 10 years ago. This was particularly rife at the time. And a handful of failed attempts in London, Rome and Ibiza.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Have you ever been a victim ? For me sadly yes,got 'hit' in a Manchester pub near the station years had just drawn 20 out in two Florence's tucked them into the back pocket drew one out to pay for drink slipped the changed into the front had my pint,felt a gentle nudge and an apology as someone lent across me to order a drink didn't think anything of it at the time. Walked to Piccadilly checking my pockets as you do and tumbled the nudge that something was missing. Maybe i am not alone ?

Here is another tip.
Use a contactless card to pay for drinks in a pub, and don’t leave the card in your back pocket. ( that’s 2 tips )

I’ve got to ask this question, why use a card to draw out cash to buy drinks,when the same card could pay for the drinks in the pub?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Yes, twice in the same day in Rome, once in Pamplona and about 30 times in Ethiopia spread over many visits, some successful and some thwarted, and once 'ha ha' two pick pockets fighting in the market in Bahir Dar as I caught one and the other attacked him for ruining his chances as he was also targetting me.

08E71C33-A722-40F6-951C-26F61A4B79E4.jpeg

Do you walk around like this? ???

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Twice. Once in Reading town centre, back in the days when you had to sign for things with your card – no PIN. Someone lifted my cards, and then went on a shopping spree around town. Luckily I'd notified the bank promptly, so got it all back, but it was kind of amusing that midway through all their purchases they'd gone for lunch in a local pub. Must have been hard work!

The second time was out of a gym locker. I wasn't the only one, and the gym suspected an inside job as someone was able to open locked lockers without trace – implying access to some kind of master key. They constantly searched their staff, but were never able to find anything on anyone. Years later they phoned me out of the blue to say they'd found my wallet – along with dozens of others – stashed behind the ceiling tiles when doing some renovation work. The cash had gone each time, but anything traceable – cards etc – was still there. Someone had obviously been smart enough to 'leave' behind anything that would get them caught, and only take the cash.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here