Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pick your team from the Championship

D

Deleted member 18477

exact 3 brighton players I was thinking, from what I have seen this season i'd take out mills and nolan from there

Mills must be kicking himself. He could have been at Reading still...

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Not much to choose between the players. All the good players have gone to the Premier except Vicente.

Suggestions of Crainey and Trotter, I forgot and could alter my selection.

Revised:

Luke Steele (Barnsley)

Justin Hoyte (Middlesbrough)
Mark Hudson (Cardiff)
Andrew Taylor (Cardiff)
Stephen Crainey (Burnley)

Kevin Nolan (West Ham)
Jobi McAnuff (Reading)
Chris Burke (Birmingham)

Vicente (Brighton)
Rickie Lambert (Southampton)
Luciano Becchio (Leeds)

Subs:

Jason Steele (Middlesbrough)
Danny Fox (Southampton)
José Fonte (Southampton)
Adam Lallana (Southampton)
Robert Snodgrass (Leeds)
Kazenga Lualua (Brighton)
Michael Chopra (Ipswich)

Reserves:

Adam Federici (Reading)
Kieron Trippier (Burnley)
Liam Trotter (Millwall)
Robert Koren (Hull)
Peter Whittingham (Cardiff)
Neil Danns (Leicester)
Will Buckley (Brighton)
Gordon Greer (Brighton)
Alan Navarro (Brighton)
Ashley Barnes (Brighton)

Last edited:

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Kasper Schmeichel- Leicester

Nathaniel Clyne- Palace
Gordon Greer- Brighton
Jose Fonte- Saints
Danny Fox- Saints

Matt Phillips- Blackpool
Vicente Rodriguez- Brighton
Jem Karacan- Reading
Kevin Nolan- West Ham
Adam Lallana- Saints

Kevin Phillips- Blackpool

Bench:
Jimmy Kebe- Reading
Ricky Lambert- Saints
Jordan Mutch- Birmingham
Mark Hudson- Cardiff
Kazenga LuaLua- Brighton

Last edited:

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Can't understand why people are going with Zaha- he has 5 assists all season. Vicente has 7 assists after making a third of the appearances that the £100 million man has made.
He has scored 5 goals in his 75 appearances for Palace- that's 2 less than Buckley has scored this season, despite the fact he has only started 17 games all season.

What's all the fuss about?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Can't understand why people are going with Zaha- he has 5 assists all season. Vicente has 7 assists after making a third of the appearances that the £100 million man has made.
He has scored 5 goals in his 75 appearances for Palace- that's 2 less than Buckley has scored this season, despite the fact he has only started 17 games all season.

He's the Championship diver of the season? Surely that counts for a few assists?

eagleseatseagulls

Sep 5, 2005
SE25
Here's mine;

Robert Green - West Ham

McNaughton - Cardiff
Curtis Davies - Birmingham
Michael Dawson - Hull City
Ian Harte - Reading

Wilfried Zaha - Crystal Palace
Kevin Nolan - West Ham
Adam Lallana - Southampton
Snodgrass - Dirty Leeds

Ricky Lambert - Southampton
Kenny Miller - Cardiff

Beat that :lol:

Last edited:

eagleseatseagulls

Sep 5, 2005
SE25

You really haven't seen Zaha play have you? Youtube will help.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Here's mine;

Robert Green - West Ham

McNaughton - Cardiff
Bates - Middlesbrough
Michael Dawson - Hull City
Ian Harte - Reading

Wilfried Zaha - Crystal Palace
Kevin Nolan - West Ham
Adam Lallana - Southampton
Snodgrass - Dirty Leeds

Ricky Lambert - Southampton
Kenny Miller - Cardiff

Beat that :lol:

Not bad, but;
A) Kenny Miller has been shit for Cardiff
B) Your own keeper is better than Green
C) You've included no Brighton players out of spite. Unless you're encompassing Vicente's fitness problems, in which case I would understand.

eagleseatseagulls

Sep 5, 2005
SE25
Not bad, but;
A) Kenny Miller has been shit for Cardiff
B) Your own keeper is better than Green
C) You've included no Brighton players out of spite. Unless you're encompassing Vicente's fitness problems, in which case I would understand.

Mate Kenny Miller has been brilliant for them all season. Without him and Whittingham they'd be pretty shite. In some ways i agree that Speroni is better but Rob Green is showing why he was England's no.1 and keeping West Ham in the auto promotion race this season. Don't worry I know you have many good players, Will Buckley for instance is class, but I went for Snodgrass purely for his creativity and goals.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Mate Kenny Miller has been brilliant for them all season. Without him and Whittingham they'd be pretty shite. In some ways i agree that Speroni is better but Rob Green is showing why he was England's no.1 and keeping West Ham in the auto promotion race this season. Don't worry I know you have many good players, Will Buckley for instance is class, but I went for Snodgrass purely for his creativity and goals.

I obviously only know what I've seen from our two games, and the League Cup game (I'm not going to rub it in, you f***ed us at the Amex, etc), and what I've seen on TV. Which is that he gets into great positions, and then fucks the shot up. He's done it A LOT over the season, a striker with skills, but not the finish. I'd take Murray over Miller.

And that's not rival baiting, that's PROPEW FOATBAOWL TAWK.

eagleseatseagulls

Sep 5, 2005
SE25
I obviously only know what I've seen from our two games, and the League Cup game (I'm not going to rub it in, you f***ed us at the Amex, etc), and what I've seen on TV. Which is that he gets into great positions, and then fucks the shot up. He's done it A LOT over the season, a striker with skills, but not the finish. I'd take Murray over Miller.

And that's not rival baiting, that's PROPEW FOATBAOWL TAWK.

You'd have Murray over Miller? TBH Murray just hasn't cut the mustard this season. He's scores in the big occasions like at your place and Man U but when it comes to normal league games he really doesn't do that much.

How's Makail-Smith doin for you lot?

Oct 25, 2003
GK: Kelvin Davis

CB: Sol Bamba

CM: Peter Whittingham
CM: Vicente
CM: Nicky Bailey

RW: Matt Phillips
RRW: Jobi McAnuff
LW: Adam Lallana
LLW: Kazenga LuaLua

CF: Ricky Lambert
CF: Kevin Phillips

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
You'd have Murray over Miller? TBH Murray just hasn't cut the mustard this season. He's scores in the big occasions like at your place and Man U but when it comes to normal league games he really doesn't do that much.

How's Makail-Smith doin for you lot?

Yes I would. I think you're using him wrong, and I also think we're using CMS wrong. The emphasis for both of our clubs has been on the star players though to be fair, Zaha and Buclkley for most of it. We've been lucky enough to get Vicente onboard and I think he's taken us from mid-table to nearly-playoffs, and I think that's the difference.

We've been blessed, in other words.

eagleseatseagulls

Sep 5, 2005
SE25
The stats don't lie- that is a crap return for a winger regardless, let alone one supposedly worth over £10 million.

Yea he doesn't score many goals granted but he's our main attacking threat, on the ball and attacking defenders he's almost unplayable, so he'll probs be off in the summer I guess.

£10 mill would be more than what he's worth.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Yea he doesn't score many goals granted but he's our main attacking threat, on the ball and attacking defenders he's almost unplayable, so he'll probs be off in the summer I guess.

£10 mill would be more than what he's worth.

All I have seen in him really is masses of pace- he'll win you 5 or 6 free-kicks a game because full-backs are nowhere near being able to catch him.
End product is what he is lacking, obviously- maybe if he gets a move to a Premiership side he'll get better coaching and it will develop or maybe it'll come naturally, who knows.
I think any club would be mad to spend the circa £10 million on him just yet though.

Lovecake

Jul 23, 2011
1. Vicente
2. Vicente
3. Vicente
4. Vicente
5. Vicente
6. Vicente
7. Vicente
8. Vicente
9. Vicente
10.Vicente