Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Phrases you hate people saying

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
What is a skippy-dee toilet? I’ve heard a few young people mention it. Is it something I don’t want to know, like a dirty sanchez or rusty trombone? (No not Google these).

Anyway, I’ll go with that.

chip

Jul 7, 2003
Glorious Goodwood
I googled rusty trombone and have four tins coming next week

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
What is a skippy-dee toilet? I’ve heard a few young people mention it. Is it something I don’t want to know, like a dirty sanchez or rusty trombone? (No not Google these).

Anyway, I’ll go with that.

My kids use the phrase, "all yap, no skibidi" which I take to mean "all mouth and no trousers"

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
'Working hard', as in 'we're working hard to correct the problem. A staple of social media from organisations when something has gone tits up.

Usually, however, the issue is not the result of a lack of endeavour, but the absence of actual competence or forward planning.
Its actually psychological. Putting working hard to correct a problem, it stops people from being ****s and contacting the minimum wage call centre staff who have no control over anything and giving them shit.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
I went out for a walk yesterday just before the match started - I'm feeling a bit under the weather so hadn't got out of the house until then.

A car drove past and the bloke in the passenger seat stuck his head out to shout something through a plastic cone thing at me.

I assumed it'd be "It's coming home!" No. He shouts something like "someone's nicked your hair!" and they drive off.

Probably still less annoying than "It's coming home".

Sussexscots

3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 3, 3, 3, 3 ,3 ,3 3 coach chuggers
Its actually psychological. Putting working hard to correct a problem, it stops people from being ****s and contacting the minimum wage call centre staff who have no control over anything and giving them shit.
Interesting psychology that.

Create an illusion of furious endeavour in the hope that those ****s stupid enough to have paid to use our services don't contact our call centres to establish a timescale for correction.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Interesting psychology that.

Create an illusion of furious endeavour in the hope that those ****s stupid enough to have paid to use our services don't contact our call centres to establish a timescale for correction.
Its okay to ask for a time frame, its another to verbally abuse staff for something they have f*** all say in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here