Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Phrases you hate people saying

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Apologies if it’s already on here but Ally McCoist has just said two of my pet hates:
“I really do” and “I know for a fact”, the latter often used by a friend to try and cover up his bullshit when he clearly hasn’t a clue or has seen it on Twitter!!

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
I'm confident this will have been said already but as it's a plague on our ears this time of year: "crimbo". Had it this morning already from a friend saying he won't be going to his "work crimbo dinner". Not sure we can be friends anymore.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Probably been said on here already, but every post on social media that involves a dog, child or OAP is apparently "wholesome".

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Commentator just said "he'll be disappointed with that".

What's wrong with "#### me that was p1ss poor".

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
This is ‘train speak’ at its worst. If I hear the following ever again I will not be responsible for my actions :

The preamble and this utterance of ‘see it, say it, sorted.’

and

‘This train will shortly arrive INTO Brighton (or wherever)’. FFS!! The train arrives AT not INTO. :rant:

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
Tennis players apparently "crashing out" however and at whatever stage they lose ...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Stakeholder, Reach Out, "Comms", "Piece", "Comms Piece", Narrative, Vendor, Content, "Singing From The Same Hymn Sheet", "Can't boil the ocean", "Can't fix the past", "Metrics", "KPI", "Show and Tell", "Deck"

I have marked enough undergraduate coursework that lacks a narrative to recognise that a narrative is not someting you can start a journey of discovery and communication without. Fact. ???

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Did I mention 'across the piece'? It means not only my department and your department, but also that department over there, and all the other departments in the other buildings, and the departments in the associated organizations that have a stake in the stakeholding. So there!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
'In this moment' when uttered by someone who has English as a first language.
I would like it to be us who are in a good moment again sometime soon though....

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
"Whatnot". As if from nowhere it's suddenly said every fourth sentence by half the people I hear speaking.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
When women refer to their husbands as 'hubby'.

'If you pull up outside hubby can help you carry it to the car.....'

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here