Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Phrases you hate people saying

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Not come across that one before. There's a bit of a discussion on its various forms here: http://www.wordwizard.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?t=19876

I first heard it when I was fitting flooring when I lived in Manchester, we were fitting new flooring throughout a school in St Helens and one of the guys was rushing a messed up a bit and put a patch in, we were laughing saying it was shite and glaringly obvious...

He declared a blind man on a galloping horse would never see it, I thought it was funny, but made no sense whatsoever...

Did not matter anyway, as an apprentice welding in the loft area, a few days later started a fire and burnt the school down, a week before it was due to open after summer holidays.

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
Gluttony kills more than the sword. If I want to stuff my face full of pork dripping, I will.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
"Hey - blind man. Why are you on that horse?"

"FFS. They told me it was just a big Labrador."

Christ. I thought you were recounting Deep Purple lyrics for a minute there :facepalm:

Then I remembered. The blind man is standing very still. On a hill.

End of.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Antonyms: Lickers, sychophants.

. . . . you say? ??? I think this ticks all three boxes.

psycho pants.PNG

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
“The beautiful game” bunged in randomly by crap commentators in run of the mill games.

It’s so often far from beautiful ….. Pulis, Warnock, Hughes, Dyche, Allardyce.

I replied at length to your PM yesterday. I hope you got it. They don't always work, apparently. :thumbsup:

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
"He / She is a survivor"

Most people have had knocks and set backs in their life but we're all still here. We're all bloody survivors FFS

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I replied at length to your PM yesterday. I hope you got it. They don't always work, apparently. :thumbsup:

Sorry, all good thanks, I’ll reply soon.

I wasn’t able to join you in Faversham Wetherspoons last night for a fight with your local alchies, but will meet up perhaps at The Swan or one nearer to your new parking spot before a future Albion EPL loss.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sorry, all good thanks, I’ll reply soon.

I wasn’t able to join you in Faversham Wetherspoons last night for a fight with your local alchies, but will meet up perhaps at The Swan or one nearer to your new parking spot before a future Albion EPL loss.

:lolol:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Sure they are already on this thread but .....

'Oh my God' used by many, to start many a sentence

'Amazing' .... used to describe anything utterly normal

'Sorry, I've been really busy' (often supplemented with 'back to back meetings' to try and suggest some degree of importance) ... this is code for 'I'm lazy' or 'I'm a total fukwit'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here