Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Photoshop help required

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Need a quick way to create gradual fade out to white around an image using Photoshop - don't want to go through the whole layer modification process if I can avoid it.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Put a selection box around the photo.

Feather the edges by however many pixels you need, then just paint white over the edges.

That should work.

I probably haven't explained it too well, but I haven't got my photoshop on this computer...

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
D'Angelo Saxon said:
Put a selection box around the photo.

Feather the edges by however many pixels you need, then just paint white over the edges.

That should work.

I probably haven't explained it too well, but I haven't got my photoshop on this computer...

sounds quick .... I'll try now!

thanks v much

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
You could try adding a frame in Effects - Creative. I think that's where it is, haven't used it for a few months but that's how I used to do it

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
I ended up using Colour Burn in Effects followed by circular fade vignette .... got the effect I needed really quickly

Thanks guys

:J)

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Here's a variation on D'Angelo Saxon's tip:

You can do this by creating a feathered circular or rectangular fill within a layer mask.

First make your background into a layer. In the layers palette, just double click on the "background" image. (Or "Layer" >> "New" >> "Layer From Background...")

Then - also in the layers palette - click on the "add layer mask" icon (bottom left of palette).

Click on the "Rectangular Marquee" tool (or choose "Elliptical Marquee" - whatever suits the image best). Ensure that the feather option has a value, i.e. between 3 and 12 should be fine... Draw your shape, invert the selection: "Shift"-"Command"-"i", and add "feather" (if you've forgotten to before). Finally "fill" it with 100% black. Then flatten the file to see the full effect...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here