Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Photos of the Goldstone to send you into the weekend

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
That Boro game was my first ever away game at the age of 18 and I can't pick myself out at all :angry:

Voice of Reason

Jan 7, 2006
Hailsham
I loved the gents at Gillingham - pissing up against a wall in the open air. Splashes on your feet. Marvellous!

Probably the same today.

Johnny Fever

Jan 11, 2010
In the 2nd photo- Preston in 1992, the old guy with white hair down at the front just to the right of the emergency gate is my dad. He used to stand there because his eyesight was getting bad and he needed to be as close as possible to the pitch. That's not me next to him; I must be slightly out of shot.
He managed a few games at Withdean in the first year but it was getting too tough for him and also he couldn't see the game well enough.
He died a couple of years back before work started on Falmer.

Lurker

62 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
I can see myself in that Boro' pic!
I only threw that Ski Jacket out a couple of years ago!

Strange how memory plays tricks on you ... if you'd asked me without seeing that pic, my recollection was we were pretty well crammed in, and there was quite a lot of us!

I don't remember the sick songs about kiddy fiddlers .... but I do remember the Pepperoni sticks?
Anyone else remember that?

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I was at that game against boro and my only recollection was it being 2-0 and having a burger at half time that my step dad proclaimed tasted of dog meat! I'm sure Stuart Ripley scored for them.

sammy g

I was at the Milwall game; Play-off semi final, after we scored the third goal about ten Millwall fans walked calmly towards the North Stand from their end, across the pitch, causing much concern from a younger version of myself and brother as they seemed to be heading directly to us!!!

D

Deleted User X18H

I remember some of our fans sang 'you only score with the children'.

Is that Matt Hicks two up from the nun, caught on camera as it were?

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
The elf is Steve Diplock - he still goes to every game and, in fact, was sat behind me at Oldham yesterday (in regular dress though).

Can't see myself in the photo's but I do remember the kiddy fiddling chants and the locals going mental :lolol:

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I was at that game against boro and my only recollection was it being 2-0 and having a burger at half time that my step dad proclaimed tasted of dog meat! I'm sure Stuart Ripley scored for them.

I was at that game too, but my abiding memory was how bloody cold it was.

And whoever said that they wished they were there when the big clubs had shit stadiums.... you don't, you really don't.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Here are three more...

Attachments

• BHA V Bristol Rovers.jpg
    BHA V Bristol Rovers.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 158
  • Home77-97.jpg
    Home77-97.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 170
  • brightonhovealbion198081xn1.jpeg
    brightonhovealbion198081xn1.jpeg