Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Photographs at the game...

Yorkshire-Seagull

Feb 11, 2008
Now, being a bid sad, I like to take my camera to every away game, and take some pictures of the ground, as well as the game... Never had a problem with this in all my years of following the club, untill this weekend at Hartlepool.

I was just taking a picture of the match, and a steward asked me to stop taking photos as it wasn't allowed. When I questioned this, he said that it was "a violation of the sportsmen's personal image rights", and that I could be sued for capturing their image for my own personal use.

Now, this sounds like a load of old arse to me, but has anyone else come across this before?

My illegally taken images will be posted in the Gallery soon....

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I vaguely remember a steward at White Hart Lane saying that to me as I was using the old digi camera!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
We were also told that the 500ml bottles of Pepsi Max in my backpack would have to have their tops removed due to the ground regulations. When I told the steward that Russ was a type 1 diabetic and we required the bottles for the return journey home he asked a chief steward for a decision. The chief steward wasn't aware of the DDA but conceded the bottles could be handed in at the tea bar and picked up after the match. When the chief steward went away the steward said that as long as the bottles were concealed in the backpack during the match he would turn a blind eye. Decent steward and there was no attempt at all to make us sit down from any of the stewards.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Yes, I remember being stopped from taking photographs at Barnsley many years ago. It was rather annoying, especially as the police were parading up and down with a video camera filming us all, which was far less common back then.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I remember my old man sneaked his BetaMax Video Recorder into Brands Hatch and there were signs everywhere saying Filming was not allowed (this was back in the early 1990s), we ended up on the top of Paddock Hill bend at the back of a grandstand with the recorder setup on a Tripod and EVERYTHING....quality Rallycross that day!
Dont think the stewards battered an eyelid back then! never run into any problem at a football match before.

Now, being a bid sad, I like to take my camera to every away game, and take some pictures of the ground, as well as the game... Never had a problem with this in all my years of following the club, untill this weekend at Hartlepool.

I was just taking a picture of the match, and a steward asked me to stop taking photos as it wasn't allowed. When I questioned this, he said that it was "a violation of the sportsmen's personal image rights", and that I could be sued for capturing their image for my own personal use.

Now, this sounds like a load of old arse to me, but has anyone else come across this before?

My illegally taken images will be posted in the Gallery soon....

If you haven't got prior permission from the club, you are breaking the ground regulations - as a result you could be ejected or banned

Ground Regulations1.The Club management reserves the right of admission to the Ground. On no account will admission be granted to a person who is the subject of a Domestic Banning Order.

2. All matches will be played in accordance with the Rules and Regulations of the Football Association and the Football League/FA Premier League and the Laws of the Game, and with such rules and regulations as Everton Football Club may make from time to time.

3. Play cannot be guaranteed to take place on any particular day or at any particular time and the Club management reserves the right to change its advertised fixtures without notice and liability.

4.The Club management also reserves the right to refuse admission to the ground to, or to eject from the ground, any person who refuses to be searched by any steward, servant or agent of the Club or any Police officer.

5. Areas exclusively for the use of home or visiting supporters are clearly marked and any supporter attempting to enter the wrong area will be refused admission, or if found within the wrong area, may be ejected from the ground.

6. All persons entering the Ground must pay for admission or hold a valid match ticket. Persons issued with a ticket for a specific seat must occupy that seat unless instructed otherwise by a steward or other authorised agent of the club.

7. In the event of a match being postponed or abandoned, any refund of admission charge will be at the sole discretion of the Club management or in accordance with the Club's Customer Charter. This is the subject to a time limitation, the details of which are obtainable from the Everton Fan Centre. Persons entering the ground are advised to retain their ticket stub, as this may be required to be produced at a later date.

8. Fireworks, flares, smoke canisters, laser devices, air horns, knives, bottles, glass vessels, cans, poles and any articles that might be used as a weapon and/or compromise public safety are not permitted within the Ground.

9. The moving from one area of the Ground to another without the permission of a Steward, Police Officer or other authorized agent of the Club is strictly forbidden.

10. Under the Sporting Events (Control of Alcohol etc.) Act 1985, the following are offences for which a person can be arrested by a police officer and conviction could result in a Domestic Banning Order being issued: -

Attempting to enter the ground or being inside the ground whilst drunk;
Being in possession of any intoxicating liquor, or bottle, can or other portable container used for holding such liquor, when entering the ground or in a public area of the ground from which the event can be directly viewed.
11. The following are offences under the Football (Offences) Act 1991, as amended by the Football (Offences and Disorder) Act 1999

the throwing of any object within the ground without lawful authority or excuse
the chanting of anything of an indecent or racist nature
the use of threatening behaviour, foul or abusive language
the entry onto the playing area or any adjacent area to which spectators are not generally admitted without lawful authority or excuse

12. a. Any person who is convicted of a criminal offence and the Police Force in the relevant area advise the Club that this was committed whilst on the way to or returning from a match involving Everton Football Club, the Board reserve the right to consider the facts of such a conviction and if thought appropriate, may ban that person from all future matches played at Goodison Park.

b. Everton Football Club may consider a "Club Ban" on any person convicted or receiving a formal caution for a football related offence whereby this is likely to detract from the good name of the Football Club. This applies irrespective of the issue of a Domestic Banning Order. The Club may also consider a "Club Ban" in respect of any person ejected from Goodison Park. In every instance a "Club Ban" will be imposed on any person convicted or receiving a formal caution for an offence of a racist nature or ejected from Goodison Park for such behaviour. Everton Football Club will determine the length of any Club Ban.

13. Smoking is prohibited in ALL parts of the Stadium. Anyone found in breach of this rule will be subject to the Club's disciplinary procedures. IT MAY RESULT IN EJECTION FROM THE GROUND, WHICH MAY LEAD TO POSSIBLE FURTHER ACTION BY THE CLUB INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE WITHDRAWAL OF ANY SEASON TICKET (WITHOUT REIMBURSEMENT) AND OTHER BENEFITS.

14. PERSISTANT STANDING IN SEATED AREAS WHILST PLAY IS IN PROGRESS IS STRICTLY FORBIDDEN AND COULD RESULT IN EJECTION FROM THE GROUND, WHICH MAY LEAD TO POSSIBLE FURTHER ACTION BY THE CLUB INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE WITHDRAWAL OF ANY SEASON TICKET (WITHOUT REIMBURSEMENT) AND OTHER BENEFITS.

15. The obstruction of gangways, access ways, exits and entrances, stairways and like places at all times are strictly forbidden. The climbing of stands or any other structures within the Ground is strictly forbidden. Any person who persistently contravenes this Regulation will be ejected from the Ground.

16. Unnecessary noise such as that from the use of radio sets and behaviour likely to cause confusion or annoyance to any person is not permitted in any part of the Ground.

17. Any person found damaging or defacing the property of the Club will be prosecuted.

18. Anyone who is guilty of insulting or improper conduct towards the match officials will be removed from the Ground.

19. Any person receiving an Official Caution or found guilty in a Court of Law of an offence involving racist behaviour or abuse against any spectator, official or player will be banned from all future football matches at Goodison Park.

20. With the exception of persons authorised by the Club management and press representatives holding official passes, the taking of photographs inside the Ground is prohibited. In addition, no person may bring into the Ground any equipment which is capable of recording or transmitting (by digital or other means) any audio, visual or audio-visual material or any other information or data in relation to a match or the Ground save with a special authorization in writing by the Club Management. Copyright in any unauthorized recording or transmission is assigned (by way of present assignment of future copyright pursuant to section 91 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988) to the Club.

21. Mobile telephones are permitted within the Ground, provided that they are for personal and private use only.

22. Only persons specifically authorised in writing by the Club management are permitted to offer for sale or distribute on Club premises any newspaper, magazine, advertising material or other article.

23. CCTV cameras are in use around and in the Ground and the Club may itself use or pass to the Police or any Football Authority, any recordings for use in any proceedings.

24. The section of the Ground reserved for visiting supporters will be utilised for that purpose only unless the Club decides otherwise after consultation with the Police and Local Authority.

25. Only those lotteries promoted and conducted on behalf of the Club are permitted inside the Ground.

26. Persons failing to comply with instructions from a steward, police officer, or other authorised agent of the club will be ejected from the ground.

27. PERSONS ARE ADMITTED TO THIS GROUND SUBJECT TO THEIR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE GROUND REGULATIONS AND THE RULES AND REGULATIONS OF THE FOOTBALL ASSOCIATION AND THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE/FA PREMIER LEAGUE. ENTRY TO THE GROUND SHALL CONSTITUTE THEIR UNQUALIFIED ACCEPTANCE.

THE CLUB MANAGEMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT FOR ITS SERVANTS, AGENTS AND POLICE TO REMOVE FROM THIS GROUND ANY PERSON WHO DOES NOT COMPLY WITH ALL THESE RULES AND REGULATIONS, OR WHOSE PRESENCE WITHIN THE GROUND IS, OR COULD REASONABLY BE CONSTRUED AS CONSTITUTING, A SOURCE OF DANGER, NUISANCE OR ANNOYANCE TO ANY OTHER PERSON.

I think you'll find that the sportsmen have no more rights than you do.

It's the Football League who lay down the rules. Pay them large sums of money and meet their conditions and you can snap away to your heart's content.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
19. Any person receiving an Official Caution or found guilty in a Court of Law of an offence involving racist behaviour or abuse against any spectator, official or player will be banned from all future football matches at Goodison Park.
:p

20. and 21. are contradictory if you apply the strict code.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here