Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Phone in...

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Adriodinho said:
ladies_shirts_cheerleaders.jpg

Clockwise from left: No, No, No, Maybe, No, No, No, No.

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 2719

ROSM said:
Now why would harty - who got a bit of a tough time from DK in the pre season fans forum - feel the need to be controversial and do some stunt to try and get an anti DK message across?

Beats me :rolleyes:

And abuse his position at the BBC, i just hope he doesn't do it or he will lose any star status he may already have.

:nono:

Maybe he should find enough wedge to oust him if he feel he can do a better job.

:angry:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
The phone in serves a great purpose. Harty does a great job moderating it and keeps us thinking about issues and topics which are important. Just think - if the idiots didn't phone in each week to "test" Harty - we wouldn't realize that the Falmer battle isn't won. Some of the points Harty raises create threads on here which can run for days!!

You may not agree with the way he does it - but he does get a reaction and makes us think. He gives people a chance to voice their opinions and raise their questions.

I'm sick of the petulant Harty bashing, it annoys and saddens me that we can nit pick so freely on our own.

I've wanted to call in so many times, and maybe one day I will....except I shall be called Doris - for fear of the NSC backlash...

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
The Mark McGhee suggestion was very much tongue in cheek, can you really imagine what kind of show it would be, especially in light of no seven second delay at BBC SCR?
I'd end up with more grey hairs than Blake Carrington at the end of that.
The McGhee years are history, the one gripe I have is that some fans only want to remember the bad things, he did some good things as well.

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
BensGrandad said:
1st Verse

We're the team from Brighton
Brighton By the Sea
Eleven players and a crowd
that will roar them to victory
So shout you fans lets hear you roar
clap your hands until the're soar (clap, clap)
for were going up and we'll win the cup
its Brighton now for sure.

I think the words were penned by Norman Wisdom when he was a director.

Before anybody else says it Yes he was a comedian unlike the directors now!!!:

NW was certainly instrumental in promoting the song at a time when organised singing on the terraces was in it's infancy. The rest is history.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Repugnant Toad said:
I think you've got a rather distorted view of Kuipers' actual abilities. I'm sure he's a legend and all for the part he's played in the club's recent history, but there's a reason no club higher than League One have ever shown any interest in him.
Except Southampton a few years ago?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
tommy boy said:
i wish we had some FILTHY ones

filthy MEN

oiled up

tank tops

hot pants

its raining men
Isn't that what Adam El-Abd is for?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Repugnant Toad said:
Enlighten me.
A few years ago Southampton were interested according to a Saints mate, when it looked like Niemi would move to one of the top clubs.

They were also interested in Zamora but went for Brett Ormerod instead. :jester:

D

Deleted member 2719

Harty said:
The Mark McGhee suggestion was very much tongue in cheek, can you really imagine what kind of show it would be, especially in light of no seven second delay at BBC SCR?
I'd end up with more grey hairs than Blake Carrington at the end of that.
The McGhee years are history, the one gripe I have is that some fans only want to remember the bad things, he did some good things as well.

Glad to hear it.

I have no problems with your show and always listen,But as you rightly said the McGhee years are history.

So yes let's have debates but not about the near past which feelings have been split and tension has been high - it can only damage the future.

Tongues in cheeks can really get people into trouble sometimes!!

:p:lolol:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Harty said:

Exactly, and because the current caretaker manager is giving them nothing to moan about yet, they are continuing with the slating, which, frankly, is getting boring

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
ROSM said:
Now why would harty - who got a bit of a tough time from DK in the pre season fans forum - feel the need to be controversial and do some stunt to try and get an anti DK message across?

Beats me :rolleyes:

Bitter and twisted ade?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Harty said:
Who is bitter and twisted?

Ade, me or Dick Knight?

Dont worry Ian - Dies is, I am sure, referring to me as bitter and twisted rather than you or DK.

Though I cant quite understand why. What I have written was certainly not a criticism.

You were the subject of comments made by DK at the summer fans forum. You yourself have said that you were affected by those comments, and when asked on here when you were going to respond, you said that it was a marathon not a sprint.

The phone in has survived for the 9 years on the edge of controversy. Your fanzine days and the information you provided (some of it from me) needed that edge to exist.

The reason people listen and contribute is that edge. That is not a criticism.

Now in any walk of business - any manager who has been sacked, has the potential to say things which may embarass their previous employer. I am so glad that the financial sector doesn't have a phone in (the listener profile would be unique!) otherwise some of those I have parted company with over the years could certainly say things I would rather they didn't. Therefore having an ex albion manager on, has the potential to have that controversial edge.

The fact you may look to that controversial edge to keep contributions up and listeners and to demonstrate that BHA deserve a phone in - is not a criticism and the fact that a contributor sees that and recognises it is not being bitter and twisted.

I also know that you have an ability to get people to deviate from their prepared subject. Last year for example, I phoned in after the prescott decision to highlight the lies that the antis had said over the years (universities will never agree, not fundable, not big enough site, other sites etc.) but found myself answering a question about how Paul samrah had introduced Dick Knight. I know which subject was more likely to interest the listeners and it wasn't mine!

Both through SCR, the Argus and Surf previously you gave publicity to campaigns such as Bring Home the Albion.

I reckon I have phoned in over 50 times and at least half of those I have dealt with curve balls that I wasn't expecting and found myself discussing one of your hot topics. I have also in those calls, criticised, opponents, managers, players, politicians, the board, you (to your face - or rather ear). But then that is not anything we havent done face to face, in the pub, at cricket etc. You have also referred to me as bobble hatted, told me to wake up and smell the coffee etc. But we dont get offended as in football - you dont have to agree to know that someone else is a real fan.

I thought this was better said up front rather than via PM as I am sure that some on here may misconstrue what is said and inferred.

We can all be sensitive to criticism at times(as said earlier we have crticised each other before)- however this wasn't criticism. Perhaps the mods can add a new smiley that has a sharp stabbing point to it so people can recognise when that happens.

Now lets get the jocko on so that I can thank him for cardiff and staying up - but also castigate him for making the last 16 months feel like the Barry Lloyd years all over again.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
ROSM said:
Dont worry Ian - Dies is, I am sure, referring to me as bitter and twisted rather than you or DK.

Though I cant quite understand why. What I have written was certainly not a criticism.

You were the subject of comments made by DK at the summer fans forum. You yourself have said that you were affected by those comments, and when asked on here when you were going to respond, you said that it was a marathon not a sprint.

The phone in has survived for the 9 years on the edge of controversy. Your fanzine days and the information you provided (some of it from me) needed that edge to exist.

The reason people listen and contribute is that edge. That is not a criticism.

Now in any walk of business - any manager who has been sacked, has the potential to say things which may embarass their previous employer. I am so glad that the financial sector doesn't have a phone in (the listener profile would be unique!) otherwise some of those I have parted company with over the years could certainly say things I would rather they didn't. Therefore having an ex albion manager on, has the potential to have that controversial edge.

The fact you may look to that controversial edge to keep contributions up and listeners and to demonstrate that BHA deserve a phone in - is not a criticism and the fact that a contributor sees that and recognises it is not being bitter and twisted.

I also know that you have an ability to get people to deviate from their prepared subject. Last year for example, I phoned in after the prescott decision to highlight the lies that the antis had said over the years (universities will never agree, not fundable, not big enough site, other sites etc.) but found myself answering a question about how Paul samrah had introduced Dick Knight. I know which subject was more likely to interest the listeners and it wasn't mine!

Both through SCR, the Argus and Surf previously you gave publicity to campaigns such as Bring Home the Albion.

I reckon I have phoned in over 50 times and at least half of those I have dealt with curve balls that I wasn't expecting and found myself discussing one of your hot topics. I have also in those calls, criticised, opponents, managers, players, politicians, the board, you (to your face - or rather ear). But then that is not anything we havent done face to face, in the pub, at cricket etc. You have also referred to me as bobble hatted, told me to wake up and smell the coffee etc. But we dont get offended as in football - you dont have to agree to know that someone else is a real fan.

I thought this was better said up front rather than via PM as I am sure that some on here may misconstrue what is said and inferred.

We can all be sensitive to criticism at times(as said earlier we have crticised each other before)- however this wasn't criticism. Perhaps the mods can add a new smiley that has a sharp stabbing point to it so people can recognise when that happens.

Now lets get the jocko on so that I can thank him for cardiff and staying up - but also castigate him for making the last 16 months feel like the Barry Lloyd years all over again.

:yawn:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here