Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Phone in

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
And if he had done that and the side had conceded two more goals whilst chasing a point, you could have come on and slaughtered Smith for conceding 4 and the defence for being shit.

Firstly, if we'd have conceded while actually going for it, I imagine most people on here would recognise that.

Secondly, have people been complimenting Smith and the defence after only two goals conceded? No. So it would have been no different.

Thirdly, should we just sit back and never try to score because if we go forward, we might concede? That is no way to play this game.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Of course you are right Acker79, but I'm just making the point that this a no win for Gus if the poster has decided that he got his tactics wrong - not arguing that we should not try to win matches!!

ted hitchcock

Sep 7, 2009
I got on there last night cos I was just so frustrated with last nights display, particularly the 2nd half.

Max cudos to you Smudge :clap:

At least you phoned in to put your points across rather than not bothering then slagging the phone-in off through the anonymity of NSC.

The BBC phone-in may not be to everyone's liking but at least it's there. If they stopped doing it (maybe 'cos of the abuse they get on here) I'm thinking people would complain that they have no sounding board.

I listened on my way home last night and heard half a dozen callers, Gus Poyet's after-match reaction and both John Byrne and Peter Ward commenting on the match and the club, and interacting with callers - all in 40 minutes.

What else do people expect from the phone-in???

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Of course you are right Acker79, but I'm just making the point that this a no win for Gus if the poster has decided that he got his tactics wrong - not arguing that we should not try to win matches!!

'K. Sorry, it's just it bugged me that Gus waited until the 85th minute to go for it.

Though it bugged me that with 10 minutes to go in a game when we're 2-0, Dickiinson had the ball, was making his way down the wing, got clear of his man, and he had no options in the box because no one was pushing forward. I started to wonder if we wanted to win.

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
The phone in with Reynolds and Ward is a dreadful listen, I wasn't Harty's biggest fan and I thought he completely lost it with all the Adams stuff but compared to these two he was fantastic. They seem to get about three callers a show now. Whatever happened to Comedy Steve presenting it, I know he was never regularly doing it but now it seems to be the Reynolds and Ward show - and terminal decline. :facepalm:

Rare, I know, but I'm hosting the phone-in today. Last time I was on it was immediately after Albion won a home game.

Yes, it really has been that long ... !

Stephen

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
With no disrespect to those that have presented it since Harty it has been generally very poor since he left!! Perhaps it has run its course and should be changed or even dropped completely, there doesnt appear any enthusiasm for it now from either the hosts or callers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here