Phone in

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Wardy on and telling it how it is.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Gus interview:

"not much difference between the teams; we tried to play and controlled the game.....nothing to complain about......I feel for the players, the deserved something better.....if we play like that on Sat, sure we'll win.....don't think team too tired.......first thing I did when arrive is check fixtures.....3 points out of 12, I will take it (like 3 draws & 1 defeat).....Charlie Oatway as 1st team coach.....very popular and great person, so very important for me"

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Mmm, take his point but 4 scored, 10 conceded would not have happened if it was 3 draws and 1 defeat (well it's bloody unlikely anyway). Not encouraged by that at all.

I think the 10 conceded is slightly unfair. We chased both the Leeds and Norwich game as we had nothing to lose and ended up conceding a couple more than perhaps we would have done normally.

I think he is making sense with that remark and it is not as if we care about losing ground to Leeds, Norwich or Charlton. If they were teams immediatly above or below us, then I would be very concerned.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I think the Wycombe game was just as important, we need to beat the teams around us and though it was in the Cup, it proved we are comfortably better than the tosh at this level. I'm sure we'll get something at Exeter, and that's what really matters. It would be nice to be able to challenge these better sides, but realistically, that takes time which Gus didn't have.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We all love Wardy !.

Don't get me started

One Nation under CCTV
Jul 24, 2007
I think the Wycombe game was just as important, we need to beat the teams around us and though it was in the Cup, it proved we are comfortably better than the tosh at this level. I'm sure we'll get something at Exeter, and that's what really matters. It would be nice to be able to challenge these better sides, but realistically, that takes time which Gus didn't have.

What on Earth are you doing talking sense on this board!! You need to be banned:smile:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
The phone in with Reynolds and Ward is a dreadful listen, I wasn't Harty's biggest fan and I thought he completely lost it with all the Adams stuff but compared to these two he was fantastic. They seem to get about three callers a show now. Whatever happened to Comedy Steve presenting it, I know he was never regularly doing it but now it seems to be the Reynolds and Ward show - and terminal decline. :facepalm:

Horney

Oct 12, 2008
The phone in was a disgrace.
What with the apologists in the studio, making out it was a decent performance from the Albion and then fawning over Ward for 20 minutes. They should have been giving air time to fans who are sick and tired of these gutless displays. FFS we have lost 7 out of 10 home games !!!!!!!!!!!
( and mostly against mediocre opposition )
They should have given fans air time to slaughter Poyet for a complete and utter lack of ambition tonight. Everyone around me was crying out for 3 strikers up front in the 2nd half but no...he makes 2 like for like positional changes. Hardly rocket science is it !!!
The team did not have a clue tonight, were poorly managed and were humiliated by a Charlton team coasting the 2nd half.
I'm sick and tired of these apologists..." well we've just played the 3 best teams, what do you expect "...well what I expect is a certain level of competitive football. In all 3 games we were killed off by half-time and the opposition coasted in the 2nd half.
For the second season running we are in danger of being cast adrift in the bottom four and the real worry for me is that I can't name four worst teams than us.

What with the apologists in the studio, making out it was a decent performance from the Albion and then fawning over Ward for 20 minutes. They should have been giving air time to fans who are sick and tired of these gutless displays. FFS we have lost 7 out of 10 home games !!!!!!!!!!!
( and mostly against mediocre opposition )

Yep, 8 of those games under Slade.

They should have given fans air time to slaughter Poyet for a complete and utter lack of ambition tonight.

What? We were playing 442. Not 451, or 541. What's wrong with that?

Everyone around me was crying out for 3 strikers up front in the 2nd half but no...he makes 2 like for like positional changes. Hardly rocket science is it !!!

Could it be, possibly, that you and all the people around you are clueless? I don't think that's rocket science either. We're shit in defence, so lets put 3 up front. After all that always worked for Keegan and Ardiles didn't it? Oh.

The team did not have a clue tonight, were poorly managed and were humiliated by a Charlton team coasting the 2nd half.

I thought the team looked like they were up for the fight but they were let down by some terrible defending, Hoyte in particular, some ridiculous refereeing decisions, and were left chasing the game. I have no doubt that they were mindful that they chased against Norwich and Leeds and got stuffed, so were chasing but trying not to concede again.

I'm sick and tired of these apologists..." well we've just played the 3 best teams, what do you expect "...well what I expect is a certain level of competitive football. In all 3 games we were killed off by half-time and the opposition coasted in the 2nd half.

Leeds and Norwich were simply better than us. It happens. Despite what the song maintains we're not by far the greatest team the world has ever seen.

For the second season running we are in danger of being cast adrift in the bottom four and the real worry for me is that I can't name four worst teams than us.

I would say a bigger worry for you is remembering your own name.

ted hitchcock

Sep 7, 2009
What with the apologists in the studio, making out it was a decent performance from the Albion and then fawning over Ward for 20 minutes. They should have been giving air time to fans who are sick and tired of these gutless displays.

I take it you phoned in then to air your thoughts and criticism???

How did they react to the points you put over??? Did John Byrne agree with you??? Did Peter Ward see the logic of your wisdom??? I can't wait to hear how they must've torn your ridiculous "let's play 3 up front" suggestion to pieces.

I'm going to listen back on the iPlayer to hear your reasoned arguments 'cos you would have to be the worlds biggest firking moron to say "They should have been giving air time to fans who are sick and tired of these gutless displays" and then not actually called in yourself.

Can you let me know what time you were on???

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
They should have given fans air time to slaughter Poyet for a complete and utter lack of ambition tonight. Everyone around me was crying out for 3 strikers up front in the 2nd half but no...he makes 2 like for like positional changes. Hardly rocket science is it !!!

And if he had done that and the side had conceded two more goals whilst chasing a point, you could have come on and slaughtered Smith for conceding 4 and the defence for being shit.

Cake and eat it? Jesus - sometimes it far harder being on NSC than going to the games.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Cake and eat it? Jesus - sometimes it far harder being on NSC than going to the games.[/QUOTE]

wouldnt go that far

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I got on there last night cos I was just so frustrated with last nights display, particularly the 2nd half.
Relegation is a very real possibility as we have a very talentless squad of players who lack desire & ability.
Things are bad, very bad. What is the answer? There is no answer, I'm so f***ing depressed with these shite displays.
Southampton was obviously a strange blip, the Southampton that are now above us.
Gloom & doom.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here