Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Phone In

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I dont know but wouldnt have thought so as he is allegedly still being paid now, hence he has not needed to go after another job the same as happened with MM so there is no way we could afford to do that again until DW is paid up.
What about Booker and White pay them up or in Bookers case again!!!

Not going to happen I dont think.

I was not having a go BG, but for a club where money is so tight, we really have wasted a lot of money in payouts during DK's reign.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Yeah and you were the dickhead who didnt have the balls or brains to call in but could only text in with something like 'Adams and Knight out'!!

Well done, you must be very proud!!!

:tosser:

Wow calm down hard man I did phone in Alan from littlehampton and you are the dickhead as someone from here texted in using my name...tell u what brighton bluenose lets meet up and you call me a dickhead to my face I am f***ed OFF WITH PEOPLE HIDING BEHIND KEYBOARDS

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Thanks for putting me right on the 'udders game, chaps.

Right opponents, wrong year.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that the major problem is that Dk wants to be 'the fans man' and instead of making decisions based on his own belief he does what he thinks the fans would like and that has proved expensive. I think that it started when MA left last time had he listened to Peter Taylor who said we were not good enough for the Championship and again when MM wanted to bring in replacements who knows where we could be now but I do not think that he will even contemplate sacking Adams because it would also mean White and Booker would have to go and that would be expensive, I would think. Who could he bring in with having spent that much money so a very limited budget, rules out the obvious ones like Ian Holloway, Adie Boothroyd etc.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Wow calm down hard man I did phone in Alan from littlehampton and you are the dickhead as someone from here texted in using my name...tell u what brighton bluenose lets meet up and you call me a dickhead to my face I am f***ed OFF WITH PEOPLE HIDING BEHIND KEYBOARDS

Sounds about right for somebody from Littledick.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
I think that the major problem is that Dk wants to be 'the fans man' and instead of making decisions based on his own belief he does what he thinks the fans would like and that has proved expensive. I think that it started when MA left last time had he listened to Peter Taylor who said we were not good enough for the Championship and again when MM wanted to bring in replacements who knows where we could be now but I do not think that he will even contemplate sacking Adams because it would also mean White and Booker would have to go and that would be expensive, I would think. Who could he bring in with having spent that much money so a very limited budget, rules out the obvious ones like Ian Holloway, Adie Boothroyd etc.

Like I said on the phone in the problem is not adams but the coaching staff around him.....white:censored: booker:censored: wilkins has still not been replaced

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
That Huddersfield attendence that Harty was on about, wasn't this the day when Sussex were in a Cup Final and many supports suggested Albion change the day or KO time but Albion refused?

A mid table match lost out to a Cup Final.

No Fred what I was trying to put across is that we all look back at the Glorious Goldstone days with affection but we sometimes struggled with crowds even back then.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
That what I said LittleHAMPTON = Little DICK sorry if it goes aboeve your head. I have to my eternal shame relatives who live in the backwaste of Sussex that they call Littlehampton, The Chav capital of the South.

That nothing against you as a person because I do not know you but about the general populus of Littlehampton.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
It was 16th November 1985, Sussex were long gone......

Yep, i have already been corrected.

I am old and prone to.....erm, what was i saying?....oh yes, the FA cup, still have a chance, don't we?

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
That what I said LittleHAMPTON = Little DICK sorry if it goes aboeve your head. I have to my eternal shame relatives who live in the backwaste of Sussex that they call Littlehampton, The Chav capital of the South.

That nothing against you as a person because I do not know you but about the general populus of Littlehampton.

Littlehampton is a shit hole.....lucky for me I live in Rustington:thumbsup:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
We do often look back at the Goldstone days as the glorious past for many good reasons (not least of which is that it was glorious at times) and I take Harty's point about smaller crowds, but when we were in Div 1, football crowds overall were 20% lower than now (reaching their lowest by 1988).

Harty notes that we did have 30k plus crowds, but not when we were in Div 1. I stood in quite a few crowds at the Goldstone when it was close to capacity (or at capacity) but still less than 30k. This was because the capacity was lower by then - mecanno, NE corner etc - and crowds generally in football were lower.

A 29k crowd back in 1981 would now be around 35k if you measure like for like.

I totally agree that the Goldstone wasn't rammed (or anywhere close) every week - and towards the end it was a shit hole and a losing team - but generally during the Div 1 days it was a pretty good crowd.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here