Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Phone in

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Something about why were contract talks going on when the FA and police should be investigating claims about a certain member of staff.
a total f**king lunatic if you ask me

rospants

off to ronan in the park!
Jul 11, 2005
brighton
Don Tmatter said:
Something about why were contract talks going on when the FA and police should be investigating claims about a certain member of staff.
a total f**king lunatic if you ask me

absoutely, harty said hes thought about giving up the phone in when he has callers like that

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
West Ham ticket moans AGAIN :angry:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Goodfella said:
OH NO, not the f***ing West Ham thing again.

Away fans dont put anything into club?.

NO, just probably kept this f***ing team up this season. :angry:

What happens if you go home and away?

Am I BETTER than EVERYONE?

Goodfella

North Stand Boy X320
Feb 9, 2004
Brighton
Silent Bob said:
What happens if you go home and away?

Am I BETTER than EVERYONE?

No, i go home and away, and am not a season ticket holder for simple reason i have to work some sats, just get fed up with people saying that fans like me dont put anything into this club,because i aint a STH.

ABSOLUTE BOLLOCKS!!!!

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Goodfella said:
No, i go home and away, and am not a season ticket holder for simple reason i have to work some sats, just get fed up with people saying that fans like me dont put anything into this club,because i aint a STH.

ABSOLUTE BOLLOCKS!!!!

Not sure you are right about "people saying fans like me dont put anything into this club, because i ain,t a STH"

Goodfella

North Stand Boy X320
Feb 9, 2004
Brighton
cjd said:
Not sure you are right about "people saying fans like me dont put anything into this club, because i ain,t a STH"

I was quoting what the guy said on the phone-in, plus a few more who posted on here during the West ham ticket fiasco.

And why do you think i am not right?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Very disappointed with the phone in.Hart needs to take a leaf out of Jon Gaunt's book.Not often you get the chairman on the phone in so i wish he tells the callers that come on, to make there point quickly and then move on.That way you might get a few decent questions instead of the idiots who keep banging on about West Ham and waste 6-8 mins of air time.Also Hart needs to shut up sometimes too as he asked most of the questions and he strings it out:angry:

Goodfella

North Stand Boy X320
Feb 9, 2004
Brighton
algie said:
Very disappointed with the phone in.Hart needs to take a leaf out of Jon Gaunt's book.Not often you get the chairman on the phone in so i wish he tells the callers that come on, to make there point quickly and then move on.That way you might get a few decent questions instead of the idiots who keep banging on about West Ham and waste 6-8 mins of air time.Also Hart needs to shut up sometimes too as he asked most of the questions and he strings it out:angry:

Good call, had forgotten about it until the old fool started spouting off.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Goodfella said:
I was quoting what the guy said on the phone-in, plus a few more who posted on here during the West ham ticket fiasco.

And why do you think i am not right?

I think the overwhelming majority of supporters believe that people who go to home games and are NOT Sth,s are putting money into the club. There will always be the odd person making ridiculous statements, but I,m certain that what they refer to is, the away supprters not putting money into the club....(a dubious fact at that..!)

Goodfella said:

ABSOLUTE BOLLOCKS!!!!
Quite right.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
anyone who puts anything into the club is "a proper fan" if not you wouldn't bother and take your money elsewhere,surely?

home,away? whats the problem

as for the whole West Ham whingefest i hope we NEVER draw another big name club ever,ever,ever again!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Goodfella said:

ABSOLUTE BOLLOCKS!!!!

Quite. Few of us were STH in the olden days. Never crossed our minds until Withdean, when permanently-engaged phone-lines, ticket raffles and the NSC Ticket Exchange became the norm.

The age of the Season ticket is well and truly over for the Albion.

And the club should absolutely CHERISH the away support - for they are the true Albion ULTRAS and have pushed the team on to more away priceless away points than they are ever given credit for. They spend far far more of their available leisure time and disposable income to support the team than the STH with a credit card to flex and who walks a mile along the road to home games and is home in time for tea - and I include myself in that latter category :down:

Tom Hark said:
Quite. Few of us were STH in the olden days. Never crossed our minds until Withdean, when permanently-engaged phone-lines, ticket raffles and the NSC Ticket Exchange became the norm.

The age of the Season ticket is well and truly over for the Albion.

And the club should absolutely CHERISH the away support - for they are the true Albion ULTRAS and have pushed the team on to more away priceless away points than they are ever given credit for. They spend far far more of their available leisure time and disposable income to support the team than the STH with a credit card to flex and who walks a mile along the road to home games and is home in time for tea - and I include myself in that latter category :down:

They might spend far more time and far ore of their disposable income on travelling to away games to support the team, but the club itself gets precisely f*** all of that money. Yes the support for the team is invaluable, and has pushed them on to some great results, but it doesn't fill the coffers from week to week, even if the points help push the league position up and therefore the prize money.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Goodfella said:

ABSOLUTE BOLLOCKS!!!!
Fair enough. I can't imagine it would be THAT hard to come up with a system where REGULAR away travellers get priority along with STH.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Apologies for the delay but I do feel I need to come onto this forum and clarify a number of things.
The issue of the first caller is ongoing so I can't say anything, as for the wit and wisdom of Algie, to be honest after what had been alleged by that first caller I'd bascailly gone into autopilot.
The time caught us up and I do apologise for the callers who were hainging but not just as a phone-in host but as a supporter and STH I wanted certain answers.
From what he said it appears that DW will actually get less money than last year but will be expected to mount a promotion challenge.
As an STH, although I don't actually sit in the seat I paid for I would willingly forgo the 5% reduction if the money went to increase the playing budget.
Regarding Falmer, it sounds like we will be at Withdean for at least another 4 years, the delays have been very frustrating and costly and I whilst will never forgive or forget what Archer and co did, what i was trying to say to mr Knight yesterday was that I beleive that the likes of Caplin and Bassam have done the Albion no real favours in the last 10 years.
And it probably comes as no surpirse that neither indivudal is 'wined and dined' by the club at home games!
So sorry Algie if I went on, the first caller did put me off my stroke a bit, and like I said at the top of the post unfortunately given the nature of the content of his call I don't think its the end of it.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
My understanding of the first caller is that it's old news in that spurious allegations have been made against a member of staff due to the fact a youth teamer from past years did not get given a pro-contract.

Sounds like an extortion attempt to me...

Before anyone starts thinking i'm being vague again, all I can say is the above is all I know about it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here