Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Phone-In Thread

deano seagulls

May 11, 2008
You are spot on.

Harty refuses to blame Adams which is bloody annoying.I don't want to hear him saying "we won't go down" for one reason or another.I wish he would wake up to the facts and critize him.There is certainly plenty to moan about like tactics ,poor football etc.

Didn't like the comment/mumblings Harty had when 13 year old Daniel called and mentioned how much better the team was last season with Dean - a kid rings and even a kid can't say anything against Micky - can't understand how Harty continues to dismiss everything Dean wilkins done last season getting us to 7th and insist that everything will be fine with Micky when we are in relegation - Well i suppose Dick was right he said he bought micky back to get us out of this division - league 2 !!!!!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Didn't like the comment/mumblings Harty had when 13 year old Daniel called and mentioned how much better the team was last season with Dean - a kid rings and even a kid can't say anything against Micky - can't understand how Harty continues to dismiss everything Dean wilkins done last season getting us to 7th and insist that everything will be fine with Micky when we are in relegation - Well i suppose Dick was right he said he bought micky back to get us out of this division - league 2 !!!!!

Yeah, I detected a little "oh here we go again" rolling of the eyes from harty when the kid mentioned how we were good under wilkins.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Yeah, I detected a little "oh here we go again" rolling of the eyes from harty when the kid mentioned how we were good under wilkins.

I heard that call.I thought Harty was a bit patronizing to the kid as well.With him being young wouldn't have relised it.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I don't know what is sadder, us being in the relegation zone this season, or thinking that being 7th in Division 3 is a great achievement and going on about every five minutes

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I don't know what is sadder, us being in the relegation zone this season, or thinking that being 7th in Division 3 is a great achievement and going on about every five minutes
You was deffo on the phone in tonight and sounded quite upbeat which suprised me.You also phoned up after the Stockport game and was very angry,basicially slagging Adams off.
Where do you stand now?

Yes it did sound like a good performance today but thats not good enough though is it? 4th from bottom now and sinking fast.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Who said it was a great achievement?

It WAS a tremendous achievement to take a team relying heavily on the youth products, losing their captain and all this from a man with very little experience.

Nobody can say that wasn't an achievement.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
You was deffo on the phone in tonight and sounded quite upbeat which suprised me.You also phoned up after the Stockport game and was very angry,basicially slagging Adams off.
Where do you stand now?

Yes it did sound like a good performance today but thats not good enough though is it? 4th from bottom now and sinking fast.

1. I was not on the phone in tonight, this is the second time you have accused me of being so and were wrong.
2. The performance today was light years ahead of the one at Stockport. There we were beaten by a better team. Today was a fairly even match, but we bossed it for the second half, and I would even go as far to say it was exciting during that period.
3. Fourth from bottom is not good enough, but if you are £15million in the red and without a ground then to a certain extent it goes with the territory.
4. I didn't slag Adams off at County, I criticised the lack of imagination and width of the team. That is partly down to the players, partly due to the management, and partly due to circumstance.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
3. Fourth from bottom is not good enough, but if you are £15million in the red and without a ground then to a certain extent it goes with the territory.

Deano did okay under those circumstance, although I think it is a much stronger division this season. Look at Leeds.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Bollocks I'm afraid, the performances this season cannot be put down to the financial situation.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Like to hear the phone in again because El Presidente was mentioned.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Deano did okay under those circumstance, although I think it is a much stronger division this season. Look at Leeds.

I agree he did okay last season, and this season is utter shite so far, some cup performances excepted

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I sent in texts at half time and full time, but that is not the same as being on the phone in
Ah sorry,that could be the case. Still, i'm still baffled how you can defend Adams and use that old chestnut about being in debt as the reason for defending him.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
That's exactly how I heard it.

Apologies then as I didn't in any way wish to patronise him, he phoned up at the age of 13 having supported the team all his life and said he felt his passion for the Albion was waning, all I pointed out is that however long you have supported this club at times the passion can wane, but the Albion will be his first love, before any girlfriend etc, and it will be a rocky road along the way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here