Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Phone-In Thread

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
and dont forget(if I turn up :blush:)that The Vulture will be on next week...please sirayer or knobend from haywards heath call up....:yahoo::yahoo:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
seagull4life: What did you say in your text, seeing as it didn't get read out (unless I missed it)?

D

Deleted User X18H

Where is this "rumour" that Leeds will have FIVE points restored?

Leeds had 10 points deducted last season, because they went into administration. That football club subsequently went out of business.

This season, a new football club (unconnected with any other and with no history) came into being and applied to the Football League to play in League One.

The FL agreed, subject to the new football club accepting a 15 point deduction. The new football club AGREED to this.

The new football club is saying that this arrangement wasn't in line with FL rules.

If they are right, then the FL shouldn't have allowed them into the league. If they are wrong, then the AGREEMENT to have FIFTEEN points deducted should stand.

I don't see ANY basis for a ten point deduction being the final result.
Leeds were admitted to League 1 under an exceptional circumstances ruling as they were still effectivly in admin at the start of the season prior to the new company and club being formed, they accepted the 15 point deduction as an agreement to allow them to start the season as a Football League club

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Leeds had 10 points deducted last season, because they went into administration. That football club subsequently went out of business.

This season, a new football club (unconnected with any other and with no history) came into being and applied to the Football League to play in League One.

The FL agreed, subject to the new football club accepting a 15 point deduction. The new football club AGREED to this.

The new football club is saying that this arrangement wasn't in line with FL rules.

If they are right, then the FL shouldn't have allowed them into the league. If they are wrong, then the AGREEMENT to have FIFTEEN points deducted should stand.

I don't see ANY basis for a ten point deduction being the final result.

Well done Lord B this sums it up in a nutshell the problem is that Leeds thought hat they would piss the league and not need the points but since Poyet has left the wheels have come off and they are now making a desperate plea in order to achieve automatic promotion.

Even if they got their fifteen points back, Leeds wouldn't be in an automatic promotion place (thanks to us!)

And they'll be even further away if they lose at Donny on Tuesday and Carlisle beat Forest.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Well done Lord B this sums it up in a nutshell the problem is that Leeds thought hat they would piss the league and not need the points but since Poyet has left the wheels have come off and they are now making a desperate plea in order to achieve automatic promotion.

They started the appeal before the season even started.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex

Apologies Ed that in your capacity as Chair of the Withdean Peoples Popular Front you weren't consulted.:thumbsup:

The 'story' has eminated from a number of sources.

Leeds United
BBC Leeds
Various members of the media at both Huddersfield and Nottingham Forest

I hope it is crap, and a classic case of chinese whispers, a la Lesley Ash and Eric Cantona, but given its come from a number of channels my producer at SCR thought it was worthy of debate.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Apologies Ed that in your capacity as Chair of the Withdean Peoples Popular Front you weren't consulted.:thumbsup:

The 'story' has eminated from a number of sources.

Leeds United
BBC Leeds
Various members of the media at both Huddersfield and Nottingham Forest

They're hardly what you'd call reliable sources. The ones who decide are the Football League - not Leeds United and not the media, who let's face it, love to create a story out of their expenses-paid whisky-driven heads, and pass it off as 'rumour'.

Surprised to see you re-gurgitating it, Harty.

Sounds more like sabre-rattling from Leeds United to me.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I believe they will get five points back. Ther case for this is that the 15 point deduction was arbitary. As always the league have got themselves into problems because this set of circumstances were not laid down with a penalty system and as such it could be argued that the 15 points was too harsh and that all they really did wrong justified a 10 point penalty.

Personally I blame the football league and the FA for being weaker than a right foot pass from Dean Wilkins. I fear we could be the ones to suffer if we don't climb to fifth this season.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I hate to state the obvious but Leeds agreed to take 15 points deduction in return for actually playing at all.
The FL make the rules, who can make them change it?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I hate to state the obvious but Leeds agreed to take 15 points deduction in return for actually playing at all.
The FL make the rules, who can make them change it?

Nail. Head.

And as LB quite rightly points out, logically it has to be lose-lose situation for dirty dirty Leeds. If they get their points back then the "contract" between the new dirty dirty Leeds holding company and the FL is null and void and the scummers wouls surely get kicked out the FL.

Although, we all know that English footie has all the logic of Alice in Wonderland.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here