Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Phone in Thread

Jan 30, 2008
Someone wake me up once Alan from haywards heath is off........... wait for sirayer and joshua:afro:
Alan from Haywards Heath is one of the most tedious sounding persons ive heard in a long time i bet he's a sky at night viewer as for saraya a complete sado am i being to harsh?????............................. i dont think so

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
so... maybe gatting was playing well in training so wilkins chose to include him in the team

Hey Cpt. Spavil, tyring to reason with Ernest is a bit like shouting at a brick wall, no, actually, shouting at a brick wall would be more productive

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Is it (largely) the same people on the phone-in every game?

Only in the same way its the same people slagging off on here week in week out.

On Saturday we put 12 callers to air, 7 of which were first time callers, but given the fact that we have had a phone-in for nearly 10 years, there are always going to be a number of people who phone on a regular basis.

Rather than slate Soraya and Alan, who actually phoned for the first time in 6 weeks, phone yourselves.

In fact here is an invitation to Vulture, Ernest and even you Bozza to be my 'before, during and after' guests this Saturday.

I will meet you in the Sportsman pub at around 1.30, then I will arrange for a steward to bring you to the commentary point at half and full time.

Looking forward to it already boys.:thumbsup:

Jan 30, 2008
you know thats not going to happen and anyway there's always the option of turning the volume down when these "PREDICTABLE " callers phone in:yawn:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Well Das Reich why not be unpredictable and phone yourself?

Yes, what the phone in needs is some Reich Krispy, I don't think he has ever voiced an opinion on football ever, but he has some robust views on why the Nazis should have won the war and patriotic marching. Stick him on just before Hawsey interviews Dean or just after the classifieds, should break up the show niceley...

Harty "So come on give us your calls, 08459 57...pause..double 0 57, should we break the bank for Westlake?, joining us after the Classifieds is Das Reich from the bunker to talk about blacks, then we'll go over to the Broadfield for some muffled shouting"

Jan 30, 2008
Yes, what the phone in needs is some Reich Krispy, I don't think he has ever voiced an opinion on football ever, but he has some robust views on why the Nazis should have won the war and patriotic marching. Stick him on just before Hawsey interviews Dean or just after the classifieds, should break up the show niceley...

Harty "So come on give us your calls, 08459 57...pause..double 0 57, should we break the bank for Westlake?, joining us after the Classifieds is Das Reich from the bunker to talk about blacks, then we'll go over to the Broadfield for some muffled shouting"
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::smokin:

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex

In fact here is an invitation to Vulture, Ernest and even you Bozza to be my 'before, during and after' guests this Saturday.

I will meet you in the Sportsman pub at around 1.30, then I will arrange for a steward to bring you to the commentary point at half and full time.

Invitation stands gentlemen..............

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

On Saturday we put 12 callers to air, 7 of which were first time callers, but given the fact that we have had a phone-in for nearly 10 years, there are always going to be a number of people who phone on a regular basis.

Rather than slate Soraya and Alan, who actually phoned for the first time in 6 weeks, phone yourselves.

The pub I'll be in at 1:30 on Saturday will be The Market, Yatton, N.Somerset and, hopefully, at 3:45 and 4:45 too.

I haven't heard the phone-in for, literally, years due to not getting to (m)any home games and having problems with Seagulls World when I moved to a Mac so just giving up with all of SW which meant, by association, the phone-in.

I was just curious as when I see threads on here people seem to be often commenting on the same small population of regular callers and seem to be largely saying that same population of regular callers are pretty poor quality.

Those views don't seem to fit with an SCR producer posting on here about people not getting put on air.

And even if I was criticising, which I wasn't (as above - it's not good form to criticise something I have no experience of), that's not to say I'd be any better. I can criticise Murray for his dreadful finishing, that's not to say I'd do any better.

Jan 30, 2008
i take it the fans phone in is funded by licence payers money, therefore people are allowed their opinions on the "show"and the quality of it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here