Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Phone-In Thread

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
Goodfella said:
Ron Pavey

A real top bloke, used to work his socks off for the Albion, really pleased to hear that he's obviously still keeping his interest in the club

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
ROSM said:
started as marketing manager, then commericial director and finally club secretary.

Totally top bloke. Interestingly only this week Dave the Gaffer was saying he thought he was dead. Unless Harty brings his 'customers' into his moonlight job with him, I think it proves otherwise :lolol:

Ron Pavey was Chief Executive before he was booted out and eventually replaced by Bellotti.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

He was even bitten by a nutter who, unsurprisingly, turned out to be a Cardiff City fan when the referee called off a Goldstone game just an hour before kick-off. Ron was 60 and working part time when, attempting to shut the gate, was amazed and hurt to have a Cardiff fan sinking teeth into his hand.

:lolol: :lolol:

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
That Cardiff game was actually a Gulls Eye sponsored game at which despite the game being called off we all got extremely drunk.*
Ron came into the lounge after the attack, he was a legend then and remains to this day.

*And Mrs Belotti the third disappeared up into the West Stand with two of our party for a 'smoke' and I don't think it was a Rothmans.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
The rain hammered down that day... and the club reissued the same programme for the rescheduled fixture a few weeks later, with a slightly different cover!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here